Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1

    how to get good performance out of a 94 slt 750

    im starting with a 94 slt 750 running 95 electronics I figure gonna be running it in 0-3 foot chop and I want it to go fast as possible what parts would I get a good to gain from. different impeller ride plates etc


  2. #2
    showmepro1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Jefferson City MO (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    Posts
    524
    +1
    40
    Yes to all. And sponsons too if yours doesn't have them, for stability.

    0' chop you'll go somewhat fast (for a 750). 3' chop - good luck, and hold on tight.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by showmepro1200 View Post
    Yes to all. And sponsons too if yours doesn't have them, for stability.

    0' chop you'll go somewhat fast (for a 750). 3' chop - good luck, and hold on tight.
    figure 3 feet would only be if the wind kicks up while im out there (happens all the time when im on my families boat) what pitch prop would be the best?

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    16,708
    +1
    1,324
    I would change the intake grate to an R&D 650 grate. That will help in chop. A set of sponsons would help too. That hull doesn't handle any chop that well. I was on one over the summer and it just wouldnt stay hooked up enough to really get going on it.

  5. #5
    BlueFishCrisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Medina, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    4,988
    +1
    140
    Find a 13/18 swirl. Best prop for the 750s IMO. Get sponsons off an SLX, an extended ride plate (not easy to find), and an R&D intake grate to keep the pump loaded. Top speed in flat water, 46-47 mph. Top speed in 3' waves, depends on if you are going up or down!!!

    I have done 3 footers on Lake Erie. Had trouble walking the next day, but it was a blast. Thanks again Kevin!

  6. #6
    BlueFishCrisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Medina, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    4,988
    +1
    140
    .

  7. #7
    BlueFishCrisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Medina, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    4,988
    +1
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    I would change the intake grate to an R&D 650 grate. That will help in chop. A set of sponsons would help too. That hull doesn't handle any chop that well. I was on one over the summer and it just wouldnt stay hooked up enough to really get going on it.
    Is 3' really considered "chop"??

  8. #8
    showmepro1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Jefferson City MO (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    Posts
    524
    +1
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFishCrisis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    I would change the intake grate to an R&D 650 grate. That will help in chop. A set of sponsons would help too. That hull doesn't handle any chop that well. I was on one over the summer and it just wouldnt stay hooked up enough to really get going on it.
    Is 3' really considered "chop"??
    Good point - LOL

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFishCrisis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    I would change the intake grate to an R&D 650 grate. That will help in chop. A set of sponsons would help too. That hull doesn't handle any chop that well. I was on one over the summer and it just wouldnt stay hooked up enough to really get going on it.
    Is 3' really considered "chop"??
    yep right out of the canal i go out of with all my boats its regular to hit 3ft in that area its fun hitting the one spot with those waves at 35-40 mph on a beat up old blayliner 16ft. when we got rid of thatboat it had lateral stress cracks wrapping the hull. it wa s also a pita to have to keep reinstalling the seats after every trip out

  10. #10
    how much of a difference would 2 stage reeds make on it

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How to get the most out of VTech Stage 1?
    By RedG in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-22-2016, 02:10 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-18-2012, 06:46 PM
  3. How to run a seadoo out of the water
    By Davpmars in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-08-2009, 06:24 AM
  4. Why you need to get the water out of you ski ASAP
    By Lvnspeed in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-01-2007, 10:22 AM
  5. How to get good Video
    By NeVerMind in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2006, 04:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •