Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Spark broken

Spark broken

Howdy guys, well after putting 10hrs on my skis, have my first problem, well long story short, hosted a work show at the shack on the weekend, one idiot didn't bother listen to instructions, decided he didn't need to push the ski out to deeper water as soon as it's floating was good enough, and sucked up heap rocks into the pump resulting in smashing the plastic bit of the pump, I've attached a pic and if someone could give me a heads up to what part it is ? would it be hard to change or should have the shop do it ? Where would be the best place for seadoo parts I'm in Australia but hopefully shops are willing to ship if it has to come from over seas, or do you think should just book it into the shop and have checked out and fixed etc,
    what really pi$$%d me off that I walked out there and ended up walking that ski back into ankle deep water and had another mate tip it up and hold it for me so could see what was going on, and the other idiot on me other spark comes flying up next to us and nearly done the same thing grrrr little frustrated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	319213  

+1
    It's hard to see from the pic but I think that's the housing to the impeller.. possibly the wear ring??
    Hope your buddy is paying for it.
    Last edited by wotxxxsd; 11-30-2013 at 06:19 PM.

+1
    NO Comment.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Like to see pics with pump off to get idea of damaged can be caused.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boosted925 View Post
    Howdy guys, well after putting 10hrs on my skis, have my first problem, well long story short, hosted a work show at the shack on the weekend, one idiot didn't bother listen to instructions, decided he didn't need to push the ski out to deeper water as soon as it's floating was good enough, and sucked up heap rocks into the pump resulting in smashing the plastic bit of the pump, I've attached a pic and if someone could give me a heads up to what part it is ? would it be hard to change or should have the shop do it ? Where would be the best place for seadoo parts I'm in Australia but hopefully shops are willing to ship if it has to come from over seas, or do you think should just book it into the shop and have checked out and fixed etc,
    what really pi$$%d me off that I walked out there and ended up walking that ski back into ankle deep water and had another mate tip it up and hold it for me so could see what was going on, and the other idiot on me other spark comes flying up next to us and nearly done the same thing grrrr little frustrated.
    The broken black piece shown is just your wear ring, part #267000617. Very easy to replace. How's your prop look though?

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    NO Comment.
    lol, you really have it out for the Spark. Pretty sure your RXP can shred wear rings as well

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Like to see pics with pump off to get idea of damaged can be caused.
    +1

+1
    Yeah looks like the pump liner ...

+1
    I just took a look at Fische and there is a wear ring listed but does not list price on it neither the prop.
    In fact wouldn't even let you put wear ring in cart????

Ok thanks guys, yeah pretty sure any ski sucking up heap rocks will do damage, as for the prop I actually can not see one mark on it so fingers cross it's fine, but really no telling untill it's pulled apart I guess, yer little unhappy especially when my 11 year old son knows to push it out untill deep enough.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    NO Comment.
    lol, you really have it out for the Spark. Pretty sure your RXP can shred wear rings as well
    No I don't have it out for the spark, but I do not have a hardon for it like some people here.
    It just looks to me like the exact person this ski is supposed to be aimed at ( not the OP, but the guy who was riding it ) just managed a fail on one.
    And hell yes I shred wear rings. I keep a couple around all the time. But I expect to do that every now and then.

+1
    That is the purpose of plastic linear to do damage to linear and not the prop.
    Let me know if y'all are able to purchase linear online , if not jerry needs to know.
    It wouldn't let me put in cart to buy. ????

Quote Originally Posted by boosted925 View Post
    Ok thanks guys, yeah pretty sure any ski sucking up heap rocks will do damage, as for the prop I actually can not see one mark on it so fingers cross it's fine, but really no telling untill it's pulled apart I guess, yer little unhappy especially when my 11 year old son knows to push it out untill deep enough.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information