Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me?

+1

Cool Is it just me?

Or are any of you noticing the polarizing effect of the Spark? I mean, it seems like half the people just love the Spark and what it's supposed to accomplish while the other half is "hating" on it for not out performing an RXP-X in a race?

+1
    Yeah? I just sold my RXT-X because I was bored with 70 MPH runs and looking at the Gas Gauge ? The Spark is going to bring me back to the Mid-Nineties BUT with a No Fuss 4 stroke- better front splash protection and the fun of 400 pounds instead of 835 pounds. Can,t wait!!

+1
    I think that once you ride a spark its going to be a very well liked pwc..

It's just looks like a really fun ski..

Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    I think that once you ride a spark its going to be a very well liked pwc..

It's just looks like a really fun ski..
    Well said, I think the problem with the PWC community today is that we have become so obsessed with horse power and mine is faster than yours we have forgotten how to enjoy riding them. I am always amused to watch skiers drag race across the lake to see who has the fastest ski! who cares!! I have been a Yam man for many years and have just sold my ultra reliable 2 stroke GP800R to buy a 4 stroke. My main criteria being a light ski on par with the old 2 stoke with sensible fuel economy for the family to use, but Yam cannot offer anything and along comes the Spark. I have never been a seadoo fan but I think as has been said they have done their homework on this one and I will be test riding one soon and hopefully buying one in the new year..

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    while the other half is "hating"
    I enjoy keeping up with the Spark despite no intention of purchasing it. But I think it's more like 9/10 that either have one or are excited about it. I'm not sure there has been much factual information from that other 10%.

Banned User
    +1
    I think the Spark is awesome for what it is. If you live on smaller, flatter lakes and really can't do touring rides, logging many miles each trip, then the Spark is great. Its not so great for what I do. I ride Lake Michigan, which is big water, with big waves, and sometimes we cover many miles. The machine I normallt ride is kind of boring on small flat lakes, and its still small by today's standards. I love my small 2 strokes for the small lakes and rivers. The fact that they are nimble and fun is what I like. The Spark fits that bill. If they can be somewhat modded to run mid to upper 50s, that would be sweet!!! I love the Spark for what it is, the concept is awesome, but for me, it doesn't fit in with what I am doing. I get better performance from my small 2 seat 2 stroke skis, and I have no desire to give those up.

Funny. If I bought a Spark (which I may do next year) it would be ridden almost exclusively in the surf.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800X-4rider View Post
    Funny. If I bought a Spark (which I may do next year) it would be ridden almost exclusively in the surf.
    Better think about your post ride flushing/washing.

Quote Originally Posted by wetwolf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 800X-4rider View Post
    Better think about your post ride flushing/washing.
    Only time will tell. The Engineer will be testing exactly that very shortly for us all.

From someone who has been in the pwc field since the early '90s, it's funny to watch the progression. With 2 strokes they went from cheap fun skis to big heavy tanks with the LRV topping the whole list. Since in the mid '90s the PWC industry made a deal with the USCG to keep speeds under 70, then you ended up having the HP and quickness (not speed) wars. With 4 strokes PWCs got away from being fun inexpensive toys anyone could buy to turning into boats you need insurance on and a loan to buy and if you fell off one at speed you needed a medic.
    Even before the Spark though, if you had an old XP and let a RXP guy who had never been on one take a spin, they loved it. It's good Sea Doo finally is showing people again what PWCs are really supposed to be about... inexpensive fun. There's probably going to be a lot more ticked off blow boaters soon though thanks to that one!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information