+1

Virage Regulator LR-505 4010648 Start/Stop module

All my LR-505 has gone on my Virage TX 1200 and need to find a replacement voltage regulator if anyone has a new or working used one. Please PM me if you have one. I am located in Sydney Australia.

Thank you.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Still available new from Polaris, as far as I know.

http://www.partspitstop.com/oemparts/partsearch/polaris

Some online sellers in the US will ship to Australia. John Zigler is one.

+1
    Thanks Keith! Have you dealt with or seen these eBay le 505 modules which are 34 usd? They are not the polaris genuine but look like a generic module? http://bit.ly/1c92qPT if the original part which is 150. How different could a cheaper generic component be? I'm thinking of buying 2 of these which are cheaper than 1 original part and have a spare in hand. However, not sure how good these can be? Has anyone else bought if of these to let me know if they are any good?

Thanks Keith

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by locito007 View Post
    Thanks Keith! Have you dealt with or seen these eBay le 505 modules which are 34 usd? They are not the polaris genuine but look like a generic module? http://bit.ly/1c92qPT if the original part which is 150. How different could a cheaper generic component be? I'm thinking of buying 2 of these which are cheaper than 1 original part and have a spare in hand. However, not sure how good these can be? Has anyone else bought if of these to let me know if they are any good?

Thanks Keith
    Looks like RM Stator is also reselling the JuShine aftermarket parts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	319372

I note that many of these sellers are not listing the equivalent Polaris part number. Why I am not sure. Laziness or are they are afraid of being too specific?

I have no direct experience with the JuShine parts. They have a business of significant scale making and selling replacement aftermarket electronic parts for a wide range of off-road vehicles.

If they have properly reverse engineered or simply copied the internal design of the updated OEM Polaris LR module (which were actually made by Minks Engineering) then the JuShine part should work well enough.

I will note that there are several versions and revisions of the OEM Polaris Start/Stop LR modules. The carburetor engines use a different version (electronically different) than the Ficht fuel injected engines.

The Ficht engines use two different connector methods depending on the model year. 2002 onwards LR modules use a sealed connector while the older models use multiple spade/tab crimp connectors.
    Last edited by K447; 12-03-2013 at 10:26 AM.

+1
    Thanks Keith. Unless an original minks version is floating on the forums I might just buy a couple of these units and let the forums know of my findings. Thanks Keith again

Quote Originally Posted by locito007 View Post
    Thanks Keith. Unless an original minks version is floating on the forums I might just buy a couple of these units and let the forums know of my findings. Thanks Keith again
    Hey bud did you ever get hold of these? I just bought one through SBT in QLD and am having issues.
    I am yet to confirm whether or not the new LR module is faulty as I am waiting for my SBT CDI to arrive this week then I can hopefully start the motor and double check charge rates. At present I am not getting any output from the switched orange when cranking which would make the orange connection to CDI rework useless as it wouldnt start.

Chris

+1
    Yes I did buy two of these lr modules. When I replaced it I got correct resistance tests and happened to turn on the ski just once. I have been sidetracked from final using the last of the issue or issues yet due to other commitments. I have a spare in the box I could always send to you if you are interested in testing, but I guess if you have no cdi then your tests are very limited.

Martin

Thread Information