Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

2013 RXP-X Intercooler Fault Code - Not the Intercooler

My RXP-X was throwing a "check engine" code and had the little red engine light lit up. When the engine was shut off and restarted the code would go away but come back after just a few seconds at which point the ski would go into a limp mode of just under 7,000 RPM. I took the ski to a friend's where he put a Candoo on it and it was showing a "intercooler" fault. There is no sensor in the intercooler so this made no sense but a bad intercooler is very common on the PX. So common that in 2013 they redesigned it.

I took the ski to Action Kawasaki here in Bradenton where they observed the same fault code and spoke to a Seadoo engineer. The engineer told them to replace the intake temperature sensor. They did and I just got the chance to test run it today. All fixed and running great.

Just wanted to put this out there in case someone runs into the same problem.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceC View Post
    My RXP-X was throwing a "check engine" code and had the little red engine light lit up. When the engine was shut off and restarted the code would go away but come back after just a few seconds at which point the ski would go into a limp mode of just under 7,000 RPM. I took the ski to a friend's where he put a Candoo on it and it was showing a "intercooler" fault. There is no sensor in the intercooler so this made no sense but a bad intercooler is very common on the PX. So common that in 2013 they redesigned it.

I took the ski to Action Kawasaki here in Bradenton where they observed the same fault code and spoke to a Seadoo engineer. The engineer told them to replace the intake temperature sensor. They did and I just got the chance to test run it today. All fixed and running great.

Not sure where you heard this.... but I've not seen one 13 yet with a different cooler than the same shitty one's used in the 12's.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceC View Post

Not sure where you heard this.... but I've not seen one 13 yet with a different cooler than the same shitty one's used in the 12's.
    Not true...The original 2012's had different intercoolers with no pissers.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post

The pisser was later offered as an option for the 12 IC. As far as I can tell... that's the only difference between the 12 and 13 cooler.

We'll find out when your 13 cooler blows out here soon

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post

The pisser was later offered as an option for the 12 IC. As far as I can tell... that's the only difference between the 12 and 13 cooler.

We'll find out when your 13 cooler blows out here soon
    It is not/was not an option. It was a recall that the dealers installed or if the I/C was/is leaking we replace it with a cooler with the pisser. These skis don't have options. But yes, it is the only difference in the 12 to 13 coolers.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    It is not/was not an option. It was a recall that the dealers installed or if the I/C was/is leaking we replace it with a cooler with the pisser. These skis don't have options. But yes, it is the only difference in the 12 to 13 coolers.
    Well.... it was an option that my dealer in Georgia offered me, as he knew I'd be in salt water. I installed it in the original cooler that did not have a factory installed pisser. None the less... it's just a band-aid for a shitty IC.

Cruise control is an available option, and so is the front storage bucket, depth finder, bilge pump, speed ties, safety kit, etc.... just sayin
    Last edited by BigDaddyRXP; 12-02-2013 at 08:56 PM.

+1
    The reason why it says intercooler fault... is because it is bad translation!
    In French the fault will show up as "Capteur Température Air"... basically "Air Intake Sensor".

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Well.... it was an option that my dealer in Georgia offered me, as he knew I'd be in salt water. I installed it in the original cooler that did not have a factory installed pisser. None the less... it's just a band-aid for a shitty IC.

Cruise control is an available option, and so is the front storage bucket, depth finder, bilge pump, speed ties, safety kit, etc.... just sayin

You must have bought from Gainesville Motorsports?????

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Had a similar problem at about 22 hours. I'm just hoping it isn't a precursor to a failed IC or other problems.

Even before you get this error code you can have reduced power!
    Read my thread about the intake temp sensor

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=199989

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information