Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help on Kawasaki 750 sxi

Hi everyone,
    I have just bought a 95 Kawasaki 750sxi and i want to buy some parts. Before i buy the parts i just want to ask you to not make any mistakes

First of all i want to have a good looking jetski. For the look, i'm thinking about getting hydroturf mat set with the rails. And also thinking about painting the jetski. Right after this im thinking about replacing the old kill switch with new ones, and also replacing the old thumb throttle.

I'm not sure if i need an extra part for replacing the thumb throttle to finger throttle?

I will be glad if i can get some tips from you

Thanks in advance for your help

+1
    John at watcon is the man to get the old stand up parts from. great guy

3. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by jet lover View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I have just bought a 95 Kawasaki 750sxi and i want to buy some parts. Before i buy the parts i just want to ask you to not make any mistakes

First of all i want to have a good looking jetski. For the look, i'm thinking about getting hydroturf mat set with the rails. And also thinking about painting the jetski. Right after this im thinking about replacing the old kill switch with new ones, and also replacing the old thumb throttle.

I'm not sure if i need an extra part for replacing the thumb throttle to finger throttle?

I will be glad if i can get some tips from you

Thanks in advance for your help
    The finger throttle can be had pretty cheap on eBay or new for $50 from blowsion.

You don't need to replace the entire start/stop. If yours is old school and doesn't have a kill switch you can replace just the front face plate. It's only about $30. A 1995 should have a kill switch but I honestly don't remember. The early 90s didn't.

As for paint... Unless your current paint is beat to shit, I wouldn't. Just clean it up and get a nice graphics kit. If you NEED to paint it, stay single stage white. Paint on jet skis doesn't hold up as well as you'd like it to. Either use a GOOD paint or gelcoat. Easiest just to scuff up what's there and lay down some white single stage on top of it. Then when it does scratch you won't see different colors underneath it.

I recently found a great site for NICE and reasonably priced graphics kits. It's saved on my iPad. Let me go look it up and get back to you.

Thanks for your help. I also want to teplace the old grips. I saw odi grips on net, thinking about getting a pair but they have some milimetric measurements witch i dont know to choose. Do you know which size is right for 750sxi

As far as I know they are all the same. Any bike grips fit. locking grips are the only way to go.

First of all i want to have a good looking jetski. For the looks, i'm thinking about painting the jetski.

CHeck out these graphics as an alternative to paint.

http://lg1designs.com/JET%20SKI%20graphics.htm

this is the site I was referring to above.

Thanks for the graphics.

By the way i was planning to buy Odi 'Rogue' grips but im not sure on sizes.

here are the links :

http://www.odigrips.com/roguepwclock-ongrips120mm.aspx

http://www.odigrips.com/roguepwclock-ongrips130mm.aspx

i decided to buy it with red clamps and also going to get red finger throttle from blowsion

Thanks for the graphics.

By the way i was planning to buy Odi 'Rogue' grips but im not sure on sizes.

here are the links :

http://www.odigrips.com/roguepwclock-ongrips120mm.aspx

http://www.odigrips.com/roguepwclock-ongrips130mm.aspx

i decided to buy it with red clamps and also going to get red finger throttle from blowsion
    I believe the dimensions that you are referring to are length.. and for a stand up I would go with shorter length. Any of them will fit however.

oh i had no idea about that

So im going to meisure the lenght to choose the best one. Thanks for the info

i was just thinking about how to take out the water from inside of the jetski without a bilge pump? (the idea of not buying a bilge pump kit is to not giving it 150 dollars )

Does the ski have a stock thing to make that or is it possible to put a single drain plug and take out the water when i came back from the ride? Or is bilge pump kit is a must?

I need your help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information