Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Yamaha's.

2008 Yamaha's.

Hey ppl was up? I've been hearing alot of rumors about yamaha cutting the Gpr's of the production line and bringing out a new and faster craft. One which will compete with the RXT/P's and the new Ultra 250. How true is this and if so what do u think we could expect from it? Maybe a new hull, a bigger engine (something like 275hp !!) or even better use the GPR hull and put in a 4 stroke engine with a big supercharge. Im just guessing. If anyone has any thoughts on it share them or any info on what we can expect next year from yamaha.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanHaye View Post
    Hey ppl was up? I've been hearing alot of rumors about yamaha cutting the Gpr's of the production line and bringing out a new and faster craft. One which will compete with the RXT/P's and the new Ultra 250. How true is this and if so what do u think we could expect from it? Maybe a new hull, a bigger engine (something like 275hp !!) or even better use the GPR hull and put in a 4 stroke engine with a big supercharge. Im just guessing. If anyone has any thoughts on it share them or any info on what we can expect next year from yamaha.
    I have been hearing the same thing! I was told by largest midwest dealer that Yamaha is going 4 stroke in 2008!

I plan to stay clear of them for awhile. Atlest till 2010, but I hope to god they stick with a hull like the current GPR. If they change it I'm not down and will be sticking with the current one.

+1
    Im gonna bet that yamaha will pull the gpr and NOT replace it! (atleast for a few years) Or they will make a supercharged FX and make it there "flagship" ski!

Well the dealer I spoke to is not the biggest around but he did promise that he would have some new skis in 2008

I'm betting we see a big motor in an even bigger ski. I'm betting on a whale on steroids

Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
    I'm betting we see a big motor in an even bigger ski. I'm betting on a whale on steroids
    The design of the GPR kinda looks like a Dolphin. Maybe the new one will be like a Killer Whale.

Old School Never Dies! codemanrose's Avatar
    lol. Most of the times when they come out with something new it takes a year or 2 for it to change and become good.

Quote Originally Posted by codemanrose View Post
    lol. Most of the times when they come out with something new it takes a year or 2 for it to change and become good.
    true statement for just about any product.

Will there be any garuntee's that it will be supercharged. Hopefully not turbo cause turbo lag does get annoying. If that happens then by the time ur ski picks up the seadoos will be long gone. Im hoping on the Gpr with a bigger engine supercharged. Wish there was a way we could share our ideas with yamaha instead of taken all those dumb ideas like the Vx's. Yamaha fell farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr behind this year.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information