Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Can anyone help with this? Email offering Paypal payment for a NOT in person purchase

As most of you know Im selling my ski and today I got a Email from someone interested in it.

Here's my question, This person is in the marines and out of town and they want to buy my ski sight un seen just going by pictures and will pay me through pay pal and they will send someone to pick it up, so what do I have to worry about?

can I get screwed even through pay pal?

I will not let the ski go till I have the money in my bank account, I'm worried because they don't want to look at it before they buy it or hear it run. They told me they have been looking at skis for a while and know what I have. I dont know what to do or who to ask,its strange they will pay for it with out seeing it.

I know Pay Pal is a safe way to pay and get paid for items being sold and bought. Any advice???
    Last edited by K447; 12-06-2013 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Clarification

+1
    Hmmm..I don't know...even with pay pal scammers can cause you big headaches if they pull some dispute crap or something. And how do you know for sure he's a Marine and not just using that as part of his scam so you think he's ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    Hmmm..I don't know...even with pay pal scammers can cause you big headaches if they pull some dispute crap or something. And how do you know for sure he's a Marine and not just using that as part of his scam so you think he's ok?
    Well it is a women and no I dont know for sure if she is a marine or not,she told me she is buying it as a gift for her son. Do skis have titles? I have a loan on it so once she pays me I will pay off the loan.I dont know what to do,I dont want to miss out on a sale if its not a scam but I dont want to get scammed either.I checked pay pal and they cover buyers and sellers,still dont know what to do.Very confused.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by taz01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    Well it is a women and no I dont know for sure if she is a marine or not,she told me she is buying it as a gift for her son. Do skis have titles? I have a loan on it so once she pays me I will pay off the loan.I dont know what to do,I dont want to miss out on a sale if its not a scam but I dont want to get scammed either.I checked pay pal and they cover buyers and sellers,still dont know what to do.Very confused.
    There was somebody on craigslist here doing a selling scam with Sea-doo's and they used a woman as their front person. It's a good cover.

It probably differs from state to state but in Arizona only the trailers have titles and PWC's do not go through DMV...they go through Game and Fish. I have a loan on mine too and the lender definitely still has a lien on it even though there's no actual title per se.

+1
    If they are sending someone to pick it up why just don't give the cash to him. He gives you the cash you give him the ski. If they are not agree on that beter pass it. Just my 2 cents

6. +1 by:

+1
    They could of hacked someone else s Pay Pal account and will pay with it.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Have the person who is going to pick it up bring cash. No PayPal!

You need to be very clear on how the ownership is transferred when selling a machine with an outstanding loan. Do your homework with the bank. They have specific requirements.

If a title is involved, find out how that should be handled.

All of this homework should be done BEFORE you put it up for sale!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Have the person who is going to pick it up bring cash. No PayPal!

You need to be very clear on how the ownership is transferred when selling a machine with an outstanding loan. Do your homework with the bank. They have specific requirements.

If a title is involved, find out how that should be handled.

All of this homework should be done BEFORE you put it up for sale!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGunMan View Post
    If they are sending someone to pick it up why just don't give the cash to him. He gives you the cash you give him the ski. If they are not agree on that beter pass it. Just my 2 cents
    I sent them a email asking this very thing,so Ill see what they say and let you all know. Thanks for all the help and advise.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by taz01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGunMan View Post
    I sent them a email asking this very thing,so Ill see what they say and let you all know. Thanks for all the help and advise.
    Keep us posted.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information