Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Primary Language: Sarcasm Pony Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    RiverShit, Ct
    Posts
    480
    +1
    28

    port out 83mm or just buy an 87mm?

    as the title states..

    I want hole shot, not top end..

    I know the 83 is "longer" vs the 87

    with it being longer would it have the same efficiency just have more thrust?


  2. #2
    JT jpt7779's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Texas Lake Bob Sandlin
    Posts
    3,851
    +1
    742
    The stock OEM 87mm venturi from a 2010 RXT-X is by far the best for hole shot and acceleration for our 2010-2011 TX's. Just order one and set the impeller to 12.5/19, you will be very pleased.

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    Primary Language: Sarcasm Pony Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    RiverShit, Ct
    Posts
    480
    +1
    28
    I know the 87 is best for hole shot..

    I guess my question is since the 83mm is "longer and less of an angle going out to the nozzle" would porting the 83 to 87mm be more beneficial than running a 2010 87mm which is shorter thus putting more pressure on the prop ..

    seeing that there would be more "area" for water I'm thinking steeper prop, (riva and SEVERAL racers agree that i spoke with at the Drags) 15/22 would be exactly what I'm looking for with the mods I'm planning the only question is which way to get to 87mm would be better?
    has anyone ported out the 83 to 87?
    .. besides the 87mm, 15/22, ill be doing the intake mod.. and keeping the 8375 limit.. i should still be around 8200 ish rpms in the summer which is all i want. IF by some weird reason I'm still bumping the limiter.. ill put a Lucky 13 cone in that should drop me the desired RPMS..
    Last edited by Pony Racer; 12-06-2013 at 03:53 AM.

  5. #4
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,930
    +1
    1,407
    I have a few extra nozzles I can bore to 85 and 87 you can try. As long as the early nozzles are the same as iBr.

  6. #5
    JD
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    100
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    The stock OEM 87mm venturi from a 2010 RXT-X is by far the best for hole shot and acceleration for our 2010-2011 TX's. Just order one and set the impeller to 12.5/19, you will be very pleased.
    this pitch 12.5/19 is good for 4 blade solas ?

  7. #6
    stuckmoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Newark, De
    Posts
    1,485
    +1
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by j.dabrila View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    The stock OEM 87mm venturi from a 2010 RXT-X is by far the best for hole shot and acceleration for our 2010-2011 TX's. Just order one and set the impeller to 12.5/19, you will be very pleased.
    this pitch 12.5/19 is good for 4 blade solas ?
    Correct. Untill you add mods and up the HP,then you will need to add some pitch. Maybe 12.5/20 or 21. Just keep it of the limiter.

  8. #7
    Primary Language: Sarcasm Pony Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    RiverShit, Ct
    Posts
    480
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    I have a few extra nozzles I can bore to 85 and 87 you can try. As long as the early nozzles are the same as iBr.

    thanks Beerdart.

    the IBR nozzle use 3 bolts to hold them on..
    I think the older ones use 4...

  9. +1 by:


  10. #8
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,930
    +1
    1,407
    Lets bore your for rings if there is enough meat.

  11. #9
    JT jpt7779's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Texas Lake Bob Sandlin
    Posts
    3,851
    +1
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Lets bore your for rings if there is enough meat.
    That is NOT possible with the 2010-2011 T-X and iBr setup. I tested a prototype for SFR years ago and the rings don't clear the steering nozzle, just too tight of clearance.

  12. #10
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,930
    +1
    1,407
    How about with custom rings?
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Lets bore your for rings if there is enough meat.
    That is NOT possible with the 2010-2011 T-X and iBr setup. I tested a prototype for SFR years ago and the rings don't clear the steering nozzle, just too tight of clearance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Do I buy 60hp and reflash or just buy 90hp Spark?
    By Flattracker60 in forum Sea Doo Spark
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-23-2016, 04:34 PM
  2. WTB buying an R3 for FZR or FX, FX preferable. Plz let me know thanks.
    By 1_Fast_SHO in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-11-2012, 08:45 PM
  3. Add axle or just buy a tandem axle trailer?
    By xxmoving target in forum Towing and Trailers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 05:58 PM
  4. F/S or trade 85mm for an 87mm
    By WFO in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 04:58 PM
  5. Will 11 buy an RXP or RXT?
    By MikeTrin in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 04:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •