+1

[Kawasaki Ultra 130] Need a new Steering Bar

Hello GreenHulk

I have an 02 Ultra 130 and it runs great and all. The only thing is I want to do a couple modifications to the Ski itself. I want to change the steering bar and get rid of the OEM one. I want something a little bit more racing style. I am wondering where I can get one that fits it and how does installing work? I am kind of a noob but I want to learn!

Please give me some advice guys.

Thanks .

+1
    Hit the search function and I'm sure you will find your answers..

That was always my favorite answer too when I was new and looking for help.

You are very limited in aftermarket support as I had one of those skis back in 2006ish and I remember very well.

The best youre going to do is a ride plate and intake grate and other hull mods which are common to the ultra 150. In terms of engine mods, I know of none honestly.. and IF there is anything that I am unaware of... its doubtful that anything would yield any results on that ski.

As far as the bars go... I am sure that UMI makes a setup for the ultra skis and that would look the best. I do not know what the bare steering stem looks like on that ski. On some skis, the bare steering stem looks decent and you can get away with just putting some aftermarket bars on them. Other skis have ugly or funky steering stems that will look ridiculous when not covered by the pad.

Take the pad off and take a look. If the stem looks like it will look ok bare, then order yourself some ATV pro-tapers from cyclegear. They generally cost $30/40 and come in a variety of bends.

Quote Originally Posted by Dialga View Post
    . I want to change the steering bar and get rid of the OEM one. how does installing work? I am kind of a noob but I want to learn!
    Im sorry. I didnt answer the rest of your question.

There is a series of screws that hold the bar pad on. They are visible from looking underneath. once that is off you can see the whole steering system.
    At the top of the steering stem there should be two clamps with a total of four bolts. That is all you need to remove to remove the bars. Then you just have to transfer over the throttle and controls.
    If you go to aftermarket bars you may have to get an aftermarket finger throttle as well. Companies like blowsion make them for about $50.
    Black on black pro tapers will give you the 'racing' look that you seek.

good luck.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by caliburst View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dialga View Post
    . I want to change the steering bar and get rid of the OEM one. how does installing work? I am kind of a noob but I want to learn!
    Im sorry. I didnt answer the rest of your question.

There is a series of screws that hold the bar pad on. They are visible from looking underneath. once that is off you can see the whole steering system.
    At the top of the steering stem there should be two clamps with a total of four bolts. That is all you need to remove to remove the bars. Then you just have to transfer over the throttle and controls.
    If you go to aftermarket bars you may have to get an aftermarket finger throttle as well. Companies like blowsion make them for about $50.
    Black on black pro tapers will give you the 'racing' look that you seek.

good luck.
    Thank you so much, I will look and get back to you.

Good luck on a umi, I looked for two years to find one. And when I did I paid over 300 for it. The ultra 150 stem uses bars like a stand up would. There are options and if you look at the skiworx forum you'll find discussions. Some run the stand up bars, some reverse the clamps and run regular bars. There aren't many options other then a umi set up and they are becoming harder and harder to find.

Upgrades for the 130 are thr same as the ultra, ride plate intake grate and sponsons.if its a pre 03 you should get the pump redone with the upgraded seals, which is a perfect time for an impeller. If you want more power just upgrade to a 150. Amazing ski not much you can do with the 130

Here's the umi set up on my 03 150
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1386559164318.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	319614  

Thread Information