Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ultra 300 f1 aps fault

Hi guys having problems with my 300x it starts and runs ok but after I blip throttle a few times it goes into f1 fault and the code is aps apparently accelerator position sensor, anybody had this fault? It did it last time I rode after I'd left the slipway then after about 10 mins it cleared and ran fine all day.

+1
    You have SCOM fitted?

If so - check for the complete insertion/connection of the SCOM wire installed at the ECU Connector.

Good Luck !!!

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Maybe the motor throttle body is stuck or sticking.....might try spraying it down with lube

Do you think if it was throttle body though it would bring up tps fault? Yes checked all connections Into ecu and all connections to the accelerated position sensor, it's weird it seems so random I can switch ignition on and blip throttle without engine running and it go into limp mode within a few seconds and then the next time I can blip the throttle on and off until it all switches off again with no problem. I don't just wanna stick a new switch on cos there like 350 bucks si I didn't know if anyone has had one go down? Ski has 90 hours.

+1
    Unfortunately I found the Throttle Cable to the TPS loose from the factory on my JetSki, and frankly tough to adjust properly (according to the Service Manual). It has very little tolerance for adjustment error. I would remove the TPS Mounting Bracket from the hull, and check that the TPS rests on the stop (idle) with the handlebars in full turn (left & right). Also make sure the TPS doesn't come off the stop when the handlebars are turned. Then pull the throttle full on and make sure the TPS goes full range.

Sounds like you might have already done these tests, but if these tests are OK then the "wiring" from the TPS to the ECU is the next thing to check. Although the wiring may check OK the grounds on these machines are always something to make sure that they're good/solid/reliable. The TPS is a 5 VDC signal...

Good luck!

+1
    SOOO after taking the time to actually read the Service Manual the ECU is seeing the "Accelerator Position Error". There are two (redundant) Sensors feeding back accelerator position back to the ECU. If either Sensor fails the ECU goes into "Limp Home Mode". If both Sensors fail it will do nothing but idle. Looks like you have either a connection / wiring problem, or a Sensor failure. Could be the ECU, but that would be the last resort to finding a solution.

Again good luck!

Thanks for the reply yea mine is going into limp mode and won't do anything but idle, it's setup correct and goes stop to stop, I checked wiring but goes into the main loom.
    i don't have any small needles to get in behind the electric plug to test there and I don't really wanna damage the water seal, so I've bitten the bullet and ordered a new sensor I'm praying that sorts it the ecu is big money.

+1
    I find it VERY hard to believe that BOTH Sensors have failed simultaneously (engine will only idle) without the wiring/ECU being the issue. Seems VERY unlikely which is why they have redundancy for the APS. It's not impossible, and I'm certainly not wishing you to have any additional expense for this repair.

If you have a Ultra 300X Service Manual it takes you through a logical troubleshooting path for the least expense...

Again, good luck!

Banned User
    +1
    Did you check the make sure the Ecu plugs are fully seated. ?

Yea I checked both plugs on ecu and all cables into the plugs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information