need electrical help on vxs...bilge blower wiring?

well...i got the plumbing part hooked up and now need to know in laymans terms how to wire this thing up so it only runs when ski is running and shuts off when ski shuts off.....i put a tee in to feed both ventilation hoses and hooked up to this bilge blower....i tested it wired straight to battery and it will draw smoke from a cigarette held close to the seam where the upper cowling meets hull....it really draws and pushes air all the way to rear of ski and out 4 frogskinz vents mounted at rear of ski...i done a lil searching and saw where you guys were using a purple wire inside the electrical box for switched power source.....i could not find a solid purple one but i did find a purple one with green stripe and book shows it as being for injector number 4...just to make sure...i tied in a small test light to this purple/green striped wire and started ski...test light came on and then i shut ski down and the test light stayed on for approx 20 seconds and then went off....is this right? i really dont want to smoke this thing and burn it up...from what i understand it is best to use a relay to keep from burning something up and putting a strain on the electrical system.....here is the relay i bought and the power specs on the bilge blower...........is there an electrician in the house that can tell me in laymans terms how to wire all this up without burnin my rig down...haaaaa...its probably real simple but im experiencing a real brain fart on this one....sucks gettin old...thanks for any help....will post a video after installed of my ski smokin a cig through the cowling seams....

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    The wiring visible in the blue photo gives me pause.

The interior of a PWC requires properly sealed wiring and explosion proof switches and connectors. Twist on wire connections and unsealed switches are not appropriate.

May I ask what the purpose of the air blower is?

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    The wiring visible in the blue photo gives me pause.

The interior of a PWC requires properly sealed wiring and explosion proof switches and connectors. Twist on wire connections and unsealed switches are not appropriate.

May I ask what the purpose of the air blower is?
    the wire nuts are just temporary til i know everything is working as it should then i will shrink wrap/seal anything that looks like it needs attention....as far as the blower? seems like it gets kinda toasty in there and looking at getting rid of some of that heat..

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool69 View Post
    ...as far as the blower? seems like it gets kinda toasty in there and looking at getting rid of some of that heat..
    The engine itself is a rather large air pump. At full power it will be inhaling about 130 CFM. All that air then leaves the hull through the exhaust.

That Rule bilge fan would move roughly 200 CFM, give or take.

Is the engine stock in terms of water jackets and engine cooling?

engine is stock with exception of riva cold air intake,ribbon delete and thru hull dual exhaust....just looking to cool things down a lil....i see that they make an exhaust isolater for this motor and claim that it will alleviate a good bit of heat produced by this motor...

+1
    Lose the cai set up and open the front up. The cai is for engine air..minimal gets by for compartment cooling other than through factory air gaps which i told u how to widen the gaps with washers. The hot air i am pushing through hull is noticeable from rear out the frogzskins. It should not be that hot even when running with no mods.. and stop talking about it sucks getting old--we are the same age !!!!!! Hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by 1200 stx-r View Post
    Lose the cai set up and open the front up. The cai is for engine air..minimal gets by for compartment cooling other than through factory air gaps which i told u how to widen the gaps with washers. The hot air i am pushing through hull is noticeable from rear out the frogzskins. It should not be that hot even when running with no mods.. and stop talking about it sucks getting old--we are the same age !!!!!! Hahahahahaha
    yeah yeah...i hear ya man...but me likes the riva cold air...it sounds great and still have room up front for wallet,keys,phone,camera,snacks and even a few cold drinks....when i need more room i just put my cooler on back of ski.....yup,i already shimmed the cowling with washers and that really makes a difference as well.....just got the low down on how to wire that relay for the blower...guess it was just too simple for my mind to grasp...haaa....yeah were old....and gettin older...

Thread Information