+1

Anyone Ski/Board behind their machine?

I picked my Gtr the first weekend in Aug this year, so spent what time I had in the season trying to get her broken in. Ended up just under 12hrs, so she'll be ready to go next season (love it so far!). Id like to try skiing or possibly boarding behind her, but have no idea what brand name is good when it comes to that stuff. Also have no idea what to look for lengthwise or anything else wise. I do snow ski and know what width, length, flex, camber etc does for me there, but not sure if there are any similarities on the water. Id like to have some freestyle ability like I have with my twin tip skis, not sure if a single or dual skis are better or easier for that. Ive seen a lot of boarding freestyle but not really any ski freestyle tricks similar to the boarders. Are there any skis that can be used in a similar way as the boards? I appreciate any insight on this :thumbup:
    Last edited by Waterguy00; 12-08-2013 at 11:06 PM.

+1
    Hello warterguy00, yes my son wake boards behind our GP 1200 R, I know it is not a Sea Doo ... but you should have no issues. Just get a line/rope protect sleeve for the first part of the tow rope as it comes off the ski ... this will help keep it up on surface so can't suck it up. You will find that @ you may want to over throttle your skier ... easy to do. have to get use to & find that speed/throttle that will pull them out but not pull rope out of their arms. Ha Ha Good Luck & have fun.

+1
    I did pick up a "shocktube" which from what I understand helps keep the line up on top of the water when still. What about brands or styles of equipment based on what I explained in my initial post. As I mentioned I have no idea what to be looking for when buying this type of stuff.

+1
    Hello again, You can go on line Craigslist or EBay ... get a good used wake board ... they usually will throw in the ski/tow rope. the board size will depend on weight of skier.

Thread Information