Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47
  1. #1
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,037
    +1
    672

    Blew out the intake at 14psi

    It's always something. I heard a pop then couldn't go above 8400 RPMs at 14psi. Took the rear seat off and heard the notorious tornado sound that screams boost leak. Sure enough there's a sliver missing from the thing near the seam point.

    At what point are the stock intakes unreliable?


  2. #2
    SLASHER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia, Perth WA
    Posts
    3,263
    +1
    474
    They all pop after a period of 14+ of boost ... Need to reinforce the next one ...

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,037
    +1
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by SLASHER View Post
    They all pop after a period of 14+ of boost ... Need to reinforce the next one ...
    That's a short period. I did probably 2 WOT runs at 9k a week or two back(above 16psi) then went out yesterday and the first pull popped it. The damn aluminum tube from the SC to IC keeps blowing out too but that;s just cuz I need to run a weld bear around the SC end.

  5. #4
    Got Boost? psycho rxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Posts
    5,445
    +1
    182
    So Far the Stock plastic manifold, that I reinforced, has held up to 28 psi during the drags, and a 91mph pass.

    They can take alot the newer they are, if reinforced. As they age the heat cycles get to them, and I've had one pop @ 13 psi on a Rude 1 Charger.

    Was this your original 05' mani?

  6. #5
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,037
    +1
    672
    yes. The same one I was running 145* IATs with. ... With the stock in mani IC, rapid cams cam X sc yada yada.

  7. #6
    ADAMBOMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunrise,Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    +1
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SLASHER View Post
    They all pop after a period of 14+ of boost ... Need to reinforce the next one ...
    That's a short period. I did probably 2 WOT runs at 9k a week or two back(above 16psi) then went out yesterday and the first pull popped it. The damn aluminum tube from the SC to IC keeps blowing out too but that;s just cuz I need to run a weld bear around the SC end.
    Are you running Shitty t-bolt clamps? Oh and no one here will believe you that ET137 is running those boost numbers hahah. Gotta love the colder weather

  8. #7
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,037
    +1
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SLASHER View Post
    They all pop after a period of 14+ of boost ... Need to reinforce the next one ...
    That's a short period. I did probably 2 WOT runs at 9k a week or two back(above 16psi) then went out yesterday and the first pull popped it. The damn aluminum tube from the SC to IC keeps blowing out too but that;s just cuz I need to run a weld bear around the SC end.
    Are you running Shitty t-bolt clamps? Oh and no one here will believe you that ET137 is running those boost numbers hahah. Gotta love the colder weather
    yeah T-Bolts. Something better around?

    I'm reading off my liquid filled huge autometer for boost. These numbers aren't realistic for the 137x4?

  9. #8
    ADAMBOMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunrise,Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    +1
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SLASHER View Post
    They all pop after a period of 14+ of boost ... Need to reinforce the next one ...
    That's a short period. I did probably 2 WOT runs at 9k a week or two back(above 16psi) then went out yesterday and the first pull popped it. The damn aluminum tube from the SC to IC keeps blowing out too but that;s just cuz I need to run a weld bear around the SC end.
    Are you running Shitty t-bolt clamps? Oh and no one here will believe you that ET137 is running those boost numbers hahah. Gotta love the colder weather
    yeah T-Bolts. Something better around?

    I'm reading off my liquid filled huge autometer for boost. These numbers aren't realistic for the 137x4?
    I guess you never saw my old thread I believe you..... with stock ecu in 49 degree weather and the air was the best it could be! 14lbs Heres the Thread LOL http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...light=boosting




    Here is a video from last December. with Riva ECU


    I hate T-bolts. Yes there are better clamps I and others swear on AWAB Clamps! check them out. If you cant find them local. I can probably help you out. I have changed every clamp on my ski with them and as well as friends brand new skis.

  10. #9
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,037
    +1
    672
    YES I remember everyone giving you shit on that. Been a while lol.

  11. #10
    Boost addict hotbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern WI
    Posts
    5,503
    +1
    681
    I ran 15 psi on my 06rxt et137x4 wheel in the heat of summer

    Measured through CMD at the map sensor. I have logs somewhere I can dig up and post.

    It was at about 8900 rpm.

    I was waiting to here the pop also but never did.

    Im going to reinforce my 12 px manifold for the Turbo!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. blew up the sl650 on its first day out need help!!!!!!!
    By Polarisnewbee in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 01:34 PM
  2. Cleaning out the intake, sluggish acceleration
    By wetgravity in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 03:34 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 04:29 PM
  4. Pump Tunnel blew out..! Q' of the day..?
    By flyboy in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 10:54 AM
  5. found out what my rxp is running with the intake grate
    By kenshin89 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-17-2007, 02:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •