Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Angry Comfortable winter clothes

I'm sick of having to wear neoprene to navigate in winter, I would like to ask if there is a comfortable dry suit or clothing comfortable and easy to put to enjoy our fondness in winter.
    I really appreciate your advice.

+1
    Nobody?

+1
    I'm in the market for this... http://www.nrs.com/product/2219%20g/nrs-grizzly-wetsuit ... I think the proper fit is most important in wet suits. If it's cold enough for a DRY suit i am going to stay in the house or the garage... I have heavily researched this very topic with very little advice found. The kayaking/paddling community is where i found the most helpful information, it seems as though they have very similar requirements as far as clothing.

+1
    i like this....little bulky though:
    http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...%20Tour%20Coat

5. +1 by:

+1
    I do not want or trademark or yamaha or kawasaki sea doo ... Interesting q are 2-piece and if they are red and white is better

+1
    I like the style that Kaybat linked too. An oversized zip up/sweatshirt style neoprene jacket. Keeps you warm and isn't as tight on you as your typical skin tight neoprene.

Banned User
    +1
    The thing to be aware of with cold weather riding/clothing is the temperature of the WATER you will riding in, not the air. Whatever you choose to wear needs to adequately protect you should you fall in the water. A 3mm suit in 40 degree water isnt going to cut it. I wear a 7mm full suit, and I have tested it in 40 degree water and I was comfortable. I know for a fact that falling in will not kill me from exposure.

+1
    ^ good point. You can wear a wind breaker or looser neoprene riding jacket over a suit, but you want a proper fitting wetsuit, rated appropriately for the water temps your riding in.
    A separate hood might be more comfortable than a 1pc hooded suit. I've found that 2 particular brands of suits fit my body type best. Every one will be different (longer, tighter, looser here, etc).

5 or 7mm is what I'd recommend for anything below 50f waters.
    As stated, it's less about the wind/splash than getting tossed, shocked & hypothermia.

I recently rode with someone who was wearing a 'too big' suit. thick, but didn't keep the water out. He was in the water for 10mins & we had 10mins ride back to the dock. another 10+ to change into warmer cloths. I think the point i'm trying to get across is that fitment & of corse comfort are required, but it should still function to keep you insulated. And that's what tighter suits do. I've seen a hybrid type suit somewhere, Overtons or something. A sealed closure wetsuit bottom & dry suit type top(baggier but sealed at openings. Pretty much like a Survival suit. These easily start at $700+
    Last edited by RaiderMagic; 12-11-2013 at 03:42 PM.

+1
    Here is a link to our WATCON spec'd dry suit. I am fully dressed when I wear mine. Pants, warm wool socks, multiple shirts ( tee and sweat shirt) etc. I can even leave my phone, keys, wallet etc in my pockets. I strongly recommend wearing shoes over the suit booties. I personally do not ever let mine touch the ground.

I have been out on stand up PWC's with air, and water temps in the low 30's (deg F)

https://www.watcon.com/accessories/apparel/drysuit

+1
    I wear a drysuit by NRS while riding through the winter months.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information