+1

Big Striped Pullage On My Little Jet ski!

Yesterday morning my friend Rob and I towed our rigged up jet skis from Poquoson Va. to Kiptopeke State Park and dropped in at the Concrete Ships of the Eastern Shore.
    It hurts paying the $16 toll each way plus the $8 ramp fee and about $20 round trip for gas. That's $60 before I even touch the water!
    On the positive side, I did not have to run across the bay in fog, rain, 2-3 foot chop and I only burned 2 gallons on my jet ski.
    We fished a couple miles off of the ships in light-medium rain and 40 degree temps. The 10-15 SW winds gave us a steady drift for eeling.
    Very slow fishing, but as luck would have it, a big Striped Bass took off with one of the eels that I had in right next to my ski.
    He gave me a nice run for my money turning my ski around twice before getting close enough for me to net. He was solidly hooked in the upper lip.
    We stayed out another 1 1/2 hours, hoping for another fish for Rob but it was not meant to be.
    Saw one lone Kayaker on the lee side of the ships looking for a big one. There were also several boats around the area.
    I weighed the Striped Bass I caught at Bull Island Outdoors in Poquoson, it went 42 1/2 pounds. My largest this season!
    Well worth a couple hours on the water on my jet ski in the rain. I had everything cleaned up and put away by dark. For dinner I pan seared some thick Striper steaks in Herb Garlic marinade for dinner.
    Here are some pictures.

Your hardcore. Can u fish there all winter . Is that salt water or fresh.thats a nice fish lotsa meat on that i bet .looks good

+1
    Thanks! I had another nice one today!Salt Water.

Thread Information