Vacate Valve or Duck Bill

Hi,
    i was just looking for the cheap ways to get water outside from my hull (Kawasaki sxi750)
    i just saw Blowsion Vacate Valve/ Duck Bill and i'm planning to buy on of it but my jetski also dont have a drain valve hole in it so i also need to put a hole in.

Do you have an advice on my needs?

Thanks in advance

+1
    I was going to try duckbill valves on my Ultra 150 until I heard that they don't hold up well to jumping & spinning.

I drilled a hole from the stern to the rear engine compartment bulkhead in my old 750 SSXi. That was a nuisance because the entire rear portion of the hull was filled with foam. It also had a steering cable going across it. Got it done, though and put a piece of PVC pipe through it with a drain plug on the end. Used 3M 5200 to seal it all up.

Thanks for the help

I use the blowsion valves on my ultra and stxr for a few seasons. To many positives then negatives, saved my ass a few times already when my thru hull went out. I would recommend installing a bilge set up regardless what route you choose.

Steve how do they not hold up? They are just a ball in a chamber. I honestly can't see how they could fail. I have put mine through it'd paces in the ocean a few times.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by turboman412 View Post
    Steve how do they not hold up? They are just a ball in a chamber. I honestly can't see how they could fail. I have put mine through it'd paces in the ocean a few times.
    No, it's the duckbill valves that I've heard don't hold up. The rubber part just tears off.

Quote Originally Posted by jet lover View Post
    Hi,
    i was just looking for the cheap ways to get water outside from my hull (Kawasaki sxi750)
    i just saw Blowsion Vacate Valve/ Duck Bill and i'm planning to buy on of it but my jetski also dont have a drain valve hole in it so i also need to put a hole in.

Do you have an advice on my needs?

Thanks in advance
    The blowsion part is a versiplug. You can buy it on ebay for half the price.

Thread Information