03 FX140 will not fire, need help

Here is the quick rundown. Got it from my brother in law. Sat for awhile. Put fresh oil, fuel,battery and got it fired up. Ran for two weekends no issue. Started getting weird. Were it would cut out and have to crank it for awhile to get it started. Then it finally on a trip would not fire after being in the water for ten mins. Just crank and cranks and cranks.

From here I took it home. Checked the battery, good to go fully charged none issue. Placed new spark plugs in it. Still no fire. Found out it had exhaust leaks. Took off the exhaust system and replaced all seals etc.... No more leaks. Figured that would fix it. Nope, no fire still.

I have checked all connections, solid and plugged in. Checked spark plug wires, and coils for resistance to see if they are bad. They are all good and in spec. Not sure where to go from here. Thought maybe the ecu, but I'm getting all injectors firing and putting fuel in. I am only getting 1.5-2.9volts to the coils from the wires going to them. Not sure if it should be higher. I have been checking to find that info.

+1
    Not sure what to tell you.
    Fuel and plugs already been replaced.
    Could be a cooling temp sensor, stator assembly issue, main relay, or maybe CDI. Did you notice if it showed a "check engine" light flashing on the dash when you are trying to start it? There is some trouble-shooting you can do, take a look at this link for more info:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=178238

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Not sure what to tell you.
    Fuel and plugs already been replaced.
    Could be a cooling temp sensor, stator assembly issue, main relay, or maybe CDI. Did you notice if it showed a "check engine" light flashing on the dash when you are trying to start it? There is some trouble-shooting you can do, take a look at this link for more info:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=178238
    Because it is an intermintet issue I'm pretty much 100% positive its electrical. I have a friend who is a tech. He told me these CDI skis aka pre 05 I think it is. Need 5v to the coils. I am well below that. Which is most likely why I am not firing. Not enough power to get the coils to light every time. I get spark randomly. SO that means ECU is bad, or stator and pickup (also called lightning coil) is bad. I checked it before and all was good. I will check it again later on today to be sure. Anyone have any other items I should check. Grounds are solid. Checked them with volt meter already.

Thread Information