Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

figured i'd ask the honda guys if this is true....

looking for my first ski, torn between a 96 xp, ultra 150 or just jump right into a 4stroke with the r12x...is it true its difficult and expensive to find parts for the aquatrax? a lot of people online are saying it might be a bad idea to get one cause Honda stopped and its going to become impossible to find parts blah blah blah...what do you guys think? sell me on the r12x

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Turbo 3k+ ECU 900+ spark plugs 15+ piece 91 octane fuel all the time SLOW......need I say more.....I owned one for 5 yr

+1
    what Rick said, its a great ski when it runs well, but several parts are very expensive when they go. ECU, Turbo, Exhaust manifold are three wallet killers. Just go pricing out those parts and you'll see.

+1
    Last year I bought two skis needing work for $500 each that had been abandoned at Honda shops because the owners didn't want to spend $1000s on repairs. One was an hour away and one was 10 hours away but bought them both and still looking for more. I needed an exhaust manifold for my F12x and was ready to pay $400 for one on Ebay. Instead I parted the skis…made about $2700 on one and $2500 on the other and still had nothing in the exhaust I needed…….I sold both the engines to SBT for $800 each and they paid for the shipping. The turbos are expensive new but since the actuator is now available for $80 there should be very few reasons to need a whole unit. A good fresh water exhaust manifold is $150-400 on Ebay and not a fun job to install. This week I just bought a 2005 R12x ECU for $100 on Ebay….turns out it was new and never installed..…it'll be for sale in the spring back on Ebay where they bring $200-500. The Honda's are great skis and used parts are out there. When they run good they run good, and only have a few problems but those wouldn't keep me from buying one. At least they're easy to troubleshoot with only a few common problems among all the models….relay is the most common. I still prefer my Seadoo RXP but keep the F12x for friends and family.

+1
    In my case since I use in freshwater issues are none existent.

I love the Aquatrax, I have the non-turbo. Cheap, mostly reliable 4-stroke. The biggest advantage in my opinion is HOW THEY RIDE. They carve turns and spin nicely, not like those other 4-stroke behemoths. You WILL buy a new ECU if it was not replaced yet, so budget about 800-1000 for that in the future. The relay goes out, but it's easy and only $150 or so. The rest comes down to proper maintenance. If you ride fresh water and take care of it you won't have any issues. If you have a turbo, there are some threads for preventative maintenance that will help you avoid the common problems. If you ride salt, then just do the proper salt flush maintenance and you're good.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    All the exhaust manifolds rott out from salt water use no .matter how well its kept.....its a design flaw......no anidode protection in the pipe

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    All the exhaust manifolds rott out from salt water use no .matter how well its kept.....its a design flaw......no anidode protection in the pipe
    Did Honda fix that on the F15X Rick ?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Its a different manafold so maybe it won't be a issue but I'd flush it with dawn and when it starts to come out as foam shut down water and ski it will coat water jackets and passages and protect from deposits......car wash soap works well also because it has wax in it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information