Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Leaving Fort Lauderdale for a key largo ride

Driving down to Key Largo at 0600hr on 12/16/13 from Fort Lauderdale. Have never been there with my ski before, but have a 26 mile ride mapped/planned out which goes through the mangroves. Only have one other person at this time going with me( two skis total). If anyone is interested in joining us let me know/always looking for more people to ride with.

+1
    my2008 - Welcome to the forum. I wish I could be joining you but the "Keys will have to wait... Meanwhile, JIC you're looking for anymore rides, be sure to check out the "Keys Trails" near the bottom of this page: http://pwctrailfinder.com/FloridaPWCTrailRides.html

Have a great ride and Happy Holidays,

Gator

Would love to go, but alas, as a Monday, have to work. Please post a trip report! Route/map/launch points/lunch points would be really cool. If you want to go again after the 19th or so, post again, I'll be free till the new year! Thanks!

For sure...I'm going to use the same route as the rental companies use for their tours. Should be 26 miles total. The only other place I have been so far is Miami and Fort Lauderdale Beach. Miami was by far the best! Saw dolphins, stingrays, starfish and a hammerhead. Not much to do in Fort Lauderdale. Know of any other good spots?

+1
    My only advice is to check the FL page of my site noted above. If I'm not mistaken, there are approx 2k miles of downloadable trails you can investigate.

Thanks, I downloaded the map to my phone.

+1
    Just curious - did you download the main state map or one particular trail map?

The main map. Didn't see any other maps for Key Largo on there.

+1
    Sweet area to ride!!! Just watch out for fwc!!!

They love to ticket pwc riders!!!

if your looking for trail riding, and not afraid of a couple hour tow, don't overlook the west coast of Florida, and Central Fl. for future trips.

Marco Island,
    Peace River
    Kissimmee River
    St Johns,
    All of the above (and more) offer excellent trail rides, some nice twisty runs, and you can go more than 26 miles on most of those runs, so you can get a full day of riding in w/o having to repeat a run more than once
    (although If you ride the right spots on the K river and the SJ, you'll probably do the same run until you empty all your spare gas cans)

just thought I'd throw it out there, the West coast has some really nice trails, its not that long of a tow, and the FWC doesn't mess with us much over here like they do in the Keys.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information