Poquoson Virginia

Another Great Day!

Yesterday morning everything around my house was covered in frost but the fore cast was calling for temps to be in the mid-forties, so I scraped off the windshield on my truck, broke through the slushy water on my dock to get some eels and headed out with my my jet ski in tow to the Eastern Shore of Virginia.
    I dropped at Kiptopeke State Park again and fished a couple of miles off of the Concrete Ships in 25-30 feet of water drifting live eels on bobbers.
    I had three lines in by 0715, around 0930 my way out rod bent over with line screaming out, I could tell right off it was another big fish!
    Ten minutes later my other two lines were all tangled up as I got turned around a couple times reeling him in but I had him in the net by then. I am sure I had a big grin on my face as I measured him out at 48 inches.
    I made two more long drifts and had one short run that did not stay on. I stopped on the way in in got some pictures of the wildlife hanging around ships and was out of the water around 1130.
    I stopped at Chris's Bait and Tackle in Capeville for the first time to get some ice and weigh in. Another 42 pounder! If you need anything on the Eastern Shore, Chris's Bait and Tackle has it all and ice was cheap!
    I went home cleaned all my gear and the fish, inside the Striper were 5 eels and a couple small menhaden. You can see why I was eelin! The bald eagles in my front yard were waiting for me to take their picture when I got home.

Lake Of The Ozarks
    Gosh Brian, you never have a bad day. How can you eat all the bass you catch ? Great pics ... thanks

Slidell, La.
    Wow.....beautiful as always.

Thread Information