+1

R12X aftermarket fuel filter

Trying to see if anyone has used an inline fuel filter on the F/R 12 series skis between the tank and the fuel rail.

To try to keep this short and to the point, my buddy bought a very low hour 05 R12X at what he thought was a great price but it wasn't running as the owner claimed it had a battery or electrical issue. Once he got it home, we tore into it and the ski had injested water. We ended up tearing the entire ski down, rebuilding the motor from the crank up to be safe. We didn't replace the injectors as they were all new when the dealership tried to get it running previously. Fuel had water in it and this introduced rust in the fuel line (at the connection to the fuel rail) which in turn clogged the 4th injector. Injectors were sent out to be tested, 3 passed and were cleaned and one failed which has been replaced with new. Fuel line feed has been replaced, fuel pump has been removed and cleaned and tank drained as best we could but I'm concerned with anything residual getting into the fuel rail again as it doesn't take much. Not sure what kind of fuel pressure these run but I'm going to try to setup an inline filter and wanted to see if anyone had already gone this route.

Thanks in advance for any info.

+1
    I had a simular problem ; added 1 can of Wynss injector cleaner in a tank of fuel, and after riding 1/2 tank the problem was solved . I have allready the filter wich i am going to install once i do the upgrade .I think that piece is not the wrightmaterial, that's why it rusts .

+1

Thread Information