Gp1200 questions

So i recently obtained a gp1200 it is premixed no auto lubrication i see the block of plate installed , got a few questions

#1 is it normal to get a beeping sound and the oil blinking on the dash?
    #2 how do i get rid of it i already know i am premixed 40:1 32 oz of oil per 10 gallons.
    #3 it is a bit slugish in the middle almost like if it is not 100% smooth i got 3 new plugs and premium gas what are the plugs supposed to be gapped to?
    #4 the ski was not being used for almost a year any thing i should maintain?

another question i noticed i have injectors how can a fuel injected vehicle be premixed wont the injectors clog up?

The gp1200 and gp1200r is carbereted. I suggest looking into carb rebuilding to help with any what-ifs. Jet changed at that time should be taken into consideration also.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroClient View Post
    The gp1200 and gp1200r is carbereted. I suggest looking into carb rebuilding to help with any what-ifs. Jet changed at that time should be taken into consideration also.
    if am not mistaken i have an 06 and i see the injectors

If it's a 2006 then its not a GP1200 - its a GP1300. Then - you are right you DO have fuel injectors. It is safe to run premix as long as the premix is safe for injectors.

1 and 2. There a bypass you can do on the oil tank sensor to stop the beeping and flashing. Search this out.
    3. Its probably a lean spot from the factory. Darn EPA emissions crap-ola. Im not sure.
    4. Check the catcon to see if it's busted out, get a D-Plate if it is. If this is a powervalve motor get wave-eater clips. Re-enforce the tunnel. Do a compression check and then go from there

5. Spark plugs are NGK BR8ES-11. Usually Autozone has them. If they only have the NGK BR8ES then you can gap the plugs to 1.1mm and ride.

Yes I will search for the bypass see what I find and yes found the plugs minus the -11 model I will regap

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroClient View Post
    1 and 2. There a bypass you can do on the oil tank sensor to stop the beeping and flashing. Search this out.
    3. Its probably a lean spot from the factory. Darn EPA emissions crap-ola. Im not sure.
    4. Check the catcon to see if it's busted out, get a D-Plate if it is. If this is a powervalve motor get wave-eater clips. Re-enforce the tunnel. Do a compression check and then go from there

5. Spark plugs are NGK BR8ES-11. Usually Autozone has them. If they only have the NGK BR8ES then you can gap the plugs to 1.1mm and ride.
    do you know the diff from BR8ES-11 to BR8ES ? do you have a link on the oil sensor i did not find or know what it looks like?

Thread Information