Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2007 F12X Moddified Muffled Exhausts

I am currently deciding whether or not to install a muffled exhaust on my F12X, I have heard a few good things about them but bad also.
    I have heard the F12X valves are not very strong compared to other models. And that over rev nature of the engine will be worse with the exhaust. Do many people change out the stock exhaust on this model?
    Has anybody had any faults or opinions on problems caused by the higher flowing exhaust?
    If there is problems, is there less risk with a muffled exhaust instead of a straight through race pipe?

Does any body have any youtube videos or sound links with a muffled exhaust?

+1
    The valves spring it is said is the weak point on the X turbos models. The NA springs are supposed to be even better with there double spring design. The engine otherwise very well built to handle easily 400HP.

They make a bolt on exhaust for the F12x and R12x with a muffler i think close to $700 for it.

It has been said that you don't see gain from the exhaust unless you went to a large turbo.

There isn't a restriction with it on the stock turbo at any boost level.

To bad the Aquatrax seen is dead, otherwise veterans could have chimed in.

Thanks for the reply.. seems odd they have stronger spring set up in the N/A engine.

Superjetpilot have you heard if the F12X Plenum Intake Kit is any good. It states that it provides better throttle response and getting rid of all the restrictive stacks inside the plenum along with moving the plenumm cover out 3/4' for more volume.

I see a few people have done the exhaust mod previously. You say there is not much performance gain. I have been told it helps the turbo spool faster and gains of up to 15hp. Does anybody have some experiences with muffled exhausts that they can share.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    The NA revs higher than the turbo model I put the Honda NA springs in my turbo motor and had them cyrogenicly frozen worked well,the spring kit that dude "Nitro Shark" sold were superior in strength but I thought were over kill for a motor that had a hard time going over 7k rpms so I stuck with the Honda NA springs. It was reported from a few people the nitro shark springs were so strong they lost Rpms
    Last edited by JoeyDFZS; 12-15-2013 at 03:42 PM.

+1
    I remember reading that about the NA spring that they are good for upgrading the turbo motor. I think they are twin springs?

How much do the springs go for?

I wanted to upgrade mine as well but don't know where to buy?

Wounder what other Honda aftermarket springs work with this engine?

I want to know where to buy them to

Look up the part # and order from a dealer.

what is the part #

+1
    Go to cheap honda parts.com and look at the diagram to find part #s

+1
    I wonder if a N/A ecu would work in a turbo ski (i know base fuel map would be off but ) im sure with larger injectors you could get the added rpmand still have the correct fuel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information