Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hit 82.0 Today

+1

Hit 82.0 Today

I know I havent updated this in a while, I have had a string of bad luck with the ski and was pissed at it.

Well today was a different story.......

I got to the lake aroung 9Am it was 51 degrees witha water temp of 41 and the wind was blowing 15-20. i put the ski in the water and found I have a very rich condition in the midrange. I decided to do some water psi testing anyway as long as I was there. When i got the water PSI close I figured if I could get it past the mid range rich condition maybe it would run up top. Wellllll it did I went 78.3 mph All over the rev limiter 8150 rps very very rich and the water was a little bumpy this morning. Oh yea this was with a full tank of fuel. So I decided to ride it over to a friends house and help him get his GP1200r running. After and hour or so I put it back on the trailer and headed over to wannabegoing80's house. We trouble shooted his ski and found his Riva ECU was dead. I also noticed after looking at his ski my TOPS and intake manafold Temp sensor wires were backwards. So I swapped them and my rich condiditon went away. I put the ski back in the water and went 81.3 mph I have 3 washers under the Trim tabs and the thing handled like a dream. I rode it somemore around his house backing up the 81.3 81.2 81.1 81.3 stilll had 4 bars of fuel. This is with neutral trim. The batteries died on the GPS and Robin wanted to go fishing and of course I let him ride it.... So I left and on the way out of the lake I stopped and bought more batteries and put the ski back in the water, ran it around trying to burn off some fuel got it down to 3 bars of fuel and trimed it one down and hit 82.0 81.9 82.0. I decided not to push my luck and loaded it back on the trailer and came home. MAN WAS IT A GREAT DAY I AM SOOOOOOOOO HAPPY just ask anyone I called today. There is no way now I am selling it......
    Attached Thumbnails

+1
    So what your saying is the ski was not running right so you decided to sell it? Now that you got it fixed you want to keep it? Thats pretty screwy Scott, but hey congrats on the 82.0 mph.
    SHOOTER

+1
    Yea I guess I said in the ad that I was having problems;just keep kicking me why dont you

you would have to ride it to understand it's amazing words cant discribe it. Thanks I am smiling big time its an amazing ride

Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl View Post
    So what your saying is the ski was not running right so you decided to sell it? Now that you got it fixed you want to keep it? Thats pretty screwy Scott, but hey congrats on the 82.0 mph.
    SHOOTER
    Shooter, I can kinda relate to Scott, and maybe alot of people here to, If I get pissed at something that you been trying so hard to per -fect, and when doesn't go your way, it's like I'm getting rid of this thing, but then you take a break from it, come back later and try again............... Glad to hear you stuck with it Scott.

+1
    My words got misconstrued.
    SHOOTER

Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl View Post
    My words got misconstrued.
    SHOOTER
    Shooter, hey man don't sweat it...........we all get misconstrued

+1
    Glad to hear it Shooter I re-read it and now looking at it from your piont of view I can see what you were talking about.

+1
    Great #s Scott!!

Thats amazing for a boat this early in its life. Look forward to seeing some upper 80s soon.

Don't let it get the best of you though. I often have to take a week or so off of projects to regroup. ...... .......

+1
    Yea I hear you Duke thanks

+1
    Congrats!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information