RXP Handling !! Anyone help please

So far my RXP is still stock , I have only Riva Grate and OPAS Blocked off,I used my RXP for riding and racing closed course and offshore, with the riva grate and OPAS block off the ski is King for offshore , I beat all GPRs big time and the ski is super steady !! impressive changes

Now here comes the problem !! without the OPAS the ski turns like crap on a closed course and spins in very sharp turns !!!! with OPAS on used to turn very well !!!! IS there a solution for all this

Please let me know ur ideas

+1
    You will find that with OPAS removed you will need to put on a set of aftermarket sponsons. The Riva ones are the best!

green hulk

yes i am considering to get them

Do you think the new OPAS block off from riva with the extended hull will help in turning ability ??

What u think ?

+1
    I have no idea. They sure look cool though!

rxp_boy
    You need som good sponsons and I would say the Riva ones. I cc race my RXP also and that is a must have. I also have the OPAS block offs, the Riva grate and also the Sponsons. So far I have 2-first place finish, 2- second and 1- third place finish, and that was out of a field of at least 8 racers. The reason that I got the 2 and third place finish is because I miss the bouie ( the same bouie) in both of the races and had to make a 180 to pick it back up and the guy in second place took the win. Also keep you weight on the back of the ski with the trim down and try to turn the sk as flat. Kane Cahill tought me that down in FL at one of the Hot water races. I had a habit of trying to lean and turn like my XP but the RXP is a diffrent bread and you have to learn to turn it but it can win in cc racing.

Throw some aftermarket sponsons on it... it will turn like its on rails!!!

Thanks guys for all the help

i will order riva sponsons

Jrsrxp

you said to put your weight in tha back, mean you drive on the back of the seat ?? how you will manage to keep steady on the boat ??

When you race do you race with the seat cowling off?? if not do. What Kane showed me what I was doing wrong was trying to is lean the ski into the turns big no no, keep you butt back far on the seat and lets say you are coming up on a turn. when the ski wants to lean keep you body up as far as posible dont alow the ski to lean pull it back up stright as you turn. If the ski is leaning into a turn (lets say a right hand turn) the left sponson will come up out of the water and you will slide then the ski will bite hard. It is alearning curv. You have to get out and make some turns to feel it and then have some friends around and you following them making some diffrent types of turns. It feels diffrent in cc racing conditions. that is why i try to take the start and keep it. nothing but smooth water in front. But then there is that lap trafic LOL. you also have to master the gas while doing this.

O yea the new OPAS block off from riva with the extended hull will help in turning ability, more hull surface to stay in the water, but you have to run them in Limited class only not stock. They are considered trim tabs. What class are you racing in?? I will be racing both stock and limited classes.

Thread Information