2004 Seadoo GTX supercharged (NEED ADVICE PLEASE!)

I had the steering nut on my steering cable at the back of the pump support break off. I here this is a know problem. why seadoo used plastic here is beyond me.... Part of the male nut is still in the female part of the pump support hole. My problem now is I have been trying everything to get it out and think I have now damaged and gouged the actual hole to where even if I did get the nut out my new aluminum nut and washer probably wont seal because the plastic in the pump support hole is messed up from where I stuck in a hot piece of metal in there trying to get the nut to form to it for removal. Now I have the following questions: Do I have to replace this whole piece (pump support $90)? If so how do I remove it. How do I remove the pump? How big of a job is this? What type of sealant do I use to put a new pump support back in place? Any advice would be appreciated.

+1
    Pulling the pump shoe sucks. If you going to do it you have to pull the pump nozzel ect. Then the rideplate has to come off and then the pump shoe.

The ride plate and pump shoe are glued on with sealant and pull off very hard.

Also coolant goes through the ride plate so you have to drain all the coolant and its best to pull the fittings from inside the ski before you drop the ride plate. Otherwise plan on buying new fittings.

Its not much fun but can be done.

I used black sealant callex the right stuff to put it back together after you clean all the old adhesive sealant off.

Also you need to pull the intake grate before pulling the ride plate.

3. +1 by:

+1
    There is a thread about pump shoe alignment. Find that and read it.

You will need a engine alignment tool to get the shoe perfectly inplace before the new right stuff dries.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    I had the steering nut on my steering cable at the back of the pump support break off. I here this is a know problem. why seadoo used plastic here is beyond me.... Part of the male nut is still in the female part of the pump support hole. My problem now is I have been trying everything to get it out and think I have now damaged and gouged the actual hole to where even if I did get the nut out my new aluminum nut and washer probably wont seal because the plastic in the pump support hole is messed up from where I stuck in a hot piece of metal in there trying to get the nut to form to it for removal. Now I have the following questions: Do I have to replace this whole piece (pump support $90)? If so how do I remove it. How do I remove the pump? How big of a job is this? What type of sealant do I use to put a new pump support back in place? Any advice would be appreciated.

Female part of the pump hole? Wow that sounds sweet

Thread Information