Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Question need help, where do I get he seat foam to replace old seat foam before recovering

I need help to figure out where I get the seat foam to replace old seat foam before recovering.

This project is a old Seadoo Hx that I am modifying to use a Yamaha 1200 motor in it. I bought this a few years ago and the seat cover was gone and the foam was bad back then and even worse now , I have a new seat cover but need to get some ideas where to get the seat foam any suggestions wold be greatly welcomed

while I am at the asking questions I rememeber reaing somewhere about someone spraying the purple trim parts (noise,spoonson,rub rails side pads gauge pod) all with a black bed-liner it supposed to stick /hold better then trying to paint them ........... does anyone have experience with how well that actual works?

I have the exact same issue right now with my GTI seats, coincidentally im actually reupholstering them tonight. Ive done it before but what i like to do is pretty simple, and seems to hold up well. Ill try to take photos of it, but what i am doing with mine, is getting a foam that is similar to it in density and cutting it with a hot knife, in similar shapes to what i need. I found that the backs of the seats (stern of the vessel) like they split open and make almost a slash(at least they did with mine) Ill just make a wedge out of foam and attaching them in with rubber cement..or if it isnt that bad, ill even cut it out further and round it off on the back of the seat and remold the back of it and blend it all in. If that makes sense...I might have to do a little of both tonight, if i get my material ill be sure to take photos and maybe a video if im feeling up for that...ups comes around 930-1030pm so ill keep my fingers crossed they show up.
    If you are trying to replace the entire foam, i would go to the fabric store with what i need. I have always wanted to use some sort of memory foam in a seat but im sure the water will have issues with the oils they embed inside of the material, and that would have to be 100% waterproof. You can get 1/8inch to 6 inch foam from most fabric stores.

+1
    yes my foam is eat up almost down to the hard bottom it needs complete replacement , that memory foam or even a gel type sounds like a good suggestion

thanks I will look up fabric stores

Okay, this is what i assumed you might have meant. You should try and replace the whole foam and just use a razor to cut it right. UPS just drove off and i just stripped off the material to get to this crack. Ill buzz this one down and smooth it out instead of try to add anything. well see how the next one goes...

+1
    lol....no if mine looked that good I probably wouldn't even worry about it

here is what mine looks like the foam stuff you can see is that dry rotted stuff that just powders up and cumbumles when you rub it ........ I need a little more cushion then that ..lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seadoo HX old seat.jpg.jpeg 
Views:	70 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	320127  

Quote Originally Posted by yama-doo View Post
    lol....no if mine looked that good I probably wouldn't even worry about it

here is what mine looks like the foam stuff you can see is that dry rotted stuff that just powders up and cumbumles when you rub it ........ I need a little more cushion then that ..lol

Nice...yeah youll have fun replacing that. Get something nice and thick, it can really make a difference on the ride quality...then again...who the hell uses a seat anyways ? i thought that was just for the girls. haha

+1
    ya well I gotta use the seat now days I have a bad leg if I try ti stand someone has to carry me ashore when I go in cuase I will not be able to walk .

do you think shore like Micheals sells foam ?

+1
    hey what length stainless staples did you use to put the new cover on with?? 3/8", 5/16" ,1/4"

10. +1 by:

3/8

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information