Thread: ultra 260x power cutting problem
12-24-2013, 10:06 AM #1
ultra 260x power cutting problem
hi im new to this site, and i just brought i ultra 260x 2010 model, new to the sport also, when i took it for a spin it went all good but the power will cut from time to time for a split second (mostly out of a 180 corner) but when i went out today, happened around 4-5 times, but this time it wasnt for a split second, from idle, full gas and the thing will just bog, like it was dying for fuel, but then it will ride perfectly again? this is only a time to time thing, happened around 5 times in half an hour. i would appreciae it heaps if anyone knows the problem and can help me, thanks and merry christmas.
12-24-2013, 05:23 PM #2
if you are doing spins did you injest water? check the clear intake tube. also check the intake trumpet hasnt dislodged
12-25-2013, 01:19 AM #3
what clear tube? can it be something else? it only does it a couple of times then its back to normal and goes good.
12-25-2013, 06:45 AM #4
as i suggested above you answered none of them might pay to read up on your manual why the clear tube is positioned where it is
12-25-2013, 09:27 AM #5
I haven't injested water, someone told me it could be the prop so I took a look at it and it has some chunks taken out... The jet isn't it good shape either, looks like a rock or something has gone through? I'm getting that replaced, but why would it only do it a couple times then be back to normal again?
12-25-2013, 11:06 AM #6
Ya sounds like u need a prop. Also check into what nicjak told u. Since u just bought it maybe it's a good idea to change plugs and check the supercharger belt tension. Anti sieze ur plugs.
12-26-2013, 02:27 AM #7
Got some good news and some bad news. First the good news. The 260 handles great. These guys that just bought 2014 310s all say their new skis handle just as good as the old 260. Not better, just as good. Kind of like the xerox tv commercial, you know, the machine that copies just as good as a xerox. Secondly, Kawi added 50 HP but added a limiter so ski runs as fast as a 260. Not faster, just as fast. You are a new member so may not have read about the Aussies' 2013 Bridge to Bridge race, the premier PWC race on that continent. All the hot shoes were there with their custom 300 HP (and up) PWC beasts of prey. But, guess what? WOTMan and his 260 would have easily won on his 260 but for a flat tyre that kept him from competing in the actual race. Now the bad news. The 250 and 260 can be finicky. Ideally, you avoid buying one used unless you can verify repair history and it still has warranty, or you have time, tools, mechanical knowledge and inclination, etc. But, may I suggest a few simple things to start with:
1) How old is gas in tank? If you dont know, drain, dispose and start with fresh;
2) How old is oil? Is it correct level? What is its color? Replace oil frequently;
3) Check battery connections;
3) Check plugs and replace, if necessary. When you replace plugs, ALWAYS USE ANTISEIZE ON THREADS
4) Check all hoses in engine compartment. One loose hose can cause what you describe;
5) Check the rubber trumpet or horn attached to air intake right front of engine compartment. That mickey mouse horn can work loose and suck up against side of hull restricting air flow to motor;
6) Check clear plastic drain tube that runs down from airbox. Does it have liquid in it? If so, what color and how much?
7) When was last time intercooler was cleaned? If you dont know, then look down throat of ic with mirror and see if there is mocha colored sludge built up. If there is, you must remove and clean IC;
9) Check SC belt tension and condition;
10) Check fuel pressure. You might have fuel pump problem but everything I listed here can cause your symptoms either alone or in combination.
Good luck. Keep us posted.
12-27-2013, 04:18 AM #8
there is a little tube under the intake around 4-6" long and its blocked off at the end? is this the tube you people are talking about? if it is, its not clear, its has sort of a light brown and a dark brown shaders in it, so not clear at all anymore, is this bad?? where is the trumpet located? plugs are good, S/C belt is good, oil just been changed, only problems i can see on the ski so far is the prop is in really bad condition it has heaps of dents in it and missing abit, the jet also has cracks and missing chuncks in it, its like a rock has gone through or something? and like i said the tube under the intake, please explain why it is that colour and if its supposed to be that colour and what harm does it do if its bad??
12-27-2013, 04:42 AM #9
12-27-2013, 06:19 AM #10
the whole tube is full of white sludge/cream, what should i do now? clean the airbox out? please help!!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By wicksbusa in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 8Last Post: 07-05-2013, 07:33 PM
By moose51 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 5Last Post: 01-29-2013, 10:09 PM
By F1 JetSki in forum Open DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-14-2012, 11:00 PM
By F1 JetSki in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQsReplies: 9Last Post: 12-16-2011, 10:56 PM
By Phil in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 3Last Post: 09-07-2010, 08:15 PM