Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

How many of you have gotten tickets on the water this past year?

I will start.......I got 2 tickets this past year. The City of Milwaukee Police are not too friendly when it comes to PWCs on Lake Michigan. I do not know anyone who rides a PWC on Lake Michigan that hasn't gotten a ticket at least once. I now avoid all of the areas they patrol. Its best just to stay out of the inner harbor.

+1
    I haven't gotten any tickets, but I was stopped several times. I was using no wake mode and STILL got stopped once. My buddy rode on the 300x and got pulled over within an hour.he blew through a no wake zone at full throttle.

+1
    Nothing in ocean city maryland. I know some of the cops. Plus I keep it clean. But at a local lake near me I had the same asshole ranger hold me up checking to see if I was all good two times in one month. The kicker is that it was on week nights and I only had an hour to ride and he held me up to the point the one time I had to just go home.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DH300 View Post
    I haven't gotten any tickets, but I was stopped several times. I was using no wake mode and STILL got stopped once. My buddy rode on the 300x and got pulled over within an hour.he blew through a no wake zone at full throttle.
    Seems like your buddy got what was coming to him. not to say I haven't blew through my fair share of no wake zones

+1
    I made 3 donations to the F W C of Florida.
    All inner coastal riding and all were clearly my fault..

Not bad for getting pulled over 7 times this year.
    Most for random safety checks and the 3 tickets were because I was the only 1 that stopped and my buddies kept haulin ASS..

I got 14 tickets in one day once...no joke. The next day 4 more. FWC was feeling extra frisky..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
    I got 14 tickets in one day once...no joke. The next day 4 more. FWC was feeling extra frisky..

+1
    Dang You need to either change yer riding spot or change the way you ride LOL Or change life jackets cause the one you got has a bullseye on the back LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by kwtony View Post

+1
    Thank God the waterways we ride are not patroled very often..the boat ramp has more DNR officers than the water...We usually ride pretty much by the rules anyway just to avoid any issues with the PO PO seeing we create enough attention with the open exhaust...we have been starred at plenty of times but never stopped...

Banned User
    +1
    I have just decided that if I see the cop boat I go the other way. I have been stopped twice because they told me I was not at slow no wake speed within 100 feet of another vessel. Problem was they were too far away to judge 100 feet and they just wanted a reason to stop me. The one ticket I got was from a friend who was riding behind me, caught me and passed me about 40 feet to my left side. They gave both of us a ticket.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information