Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1

Waz's ( Sirbreaksalot ) 1st ride impressions on 2014 310se

Well today I got the new ski wet ..

these are my personal findings and /beliefs ( take them or leave them ) some will disagree , that's fine , go ride one and make your own choice...is the best way.
    also those that believe a few bolt on changes are going to turn you 11,12 or EARLY 13 in to this FORGET IT !
    Considering since 07, Kawi has never said openly that they have done changes to the hull , But these ski have tranformed in both direction now!!

As most of you know I have had 250& 300 ultras so I believe I have a solid base line to compare from..
    and have spoken to die hard 260 riders that WILL NOT buy a 300 , but rode a 260/300 converion and loved it, this I believes explains my beliefs 100%

Firstly I have to say reading about the improvements ( warmed over as some say )
    is SO FAR from the on water ride results its not funny...the words on paper just cant explain the difference

For those of you who went from a 250/260 platform to the 300 you will understand the differences we got with the 300x,
    Some of the differences weren't perfect but we lived with them and learnt to ride a new beast

Well today is the 1st time since riding a 250 that I felt SO !!!! confident on a ski WITHOUT lifter wedges or intake grate etc..

This ski out of the box DOESNT have that twitchy nose feel the 2011,2012,early 2013 has

you can now hit a wave at any direction/angle and it will just eat it up NEARLY as good as the 250's did
    ( say 90% the same ) thats even under set throttle speeds, were in my opinion were the hull is doing all the work !!!!!!!!

now as for the balance issue people got all bent out of shape over, it does sit more level in the water when stopped, but pull up normal and then compared to high speed chop the throttle and coast in it will give you 2 different sitting angles because the water boxs are empty .

But as for how much the new balance impacts the actual flight of the craft in the air I say ZERO> 20%
    I personally believe when we rode the 300 we would have our weight distribution not 100% central to compensate for the imbalance, and the other underlying variance of the hulls reactions to the waves

Now I believe the craft leaves the water straight , hence making it fly straighter because now you are subconsciously have a better body position ( if that makes sense )

its hard to put it into words , but all I can say is HOLY CRAP this is now a GREAT ski

ENGINE:
    done the OEM 90min running in...then I was good to go!!

out of the hole u feel a STRONGER stretch of the arms.....is it better than the 2012 ?, will tell you on the weekend when I run it next to my 2012 green 300x !!

HOLE SHOT:
    easily gets the intake out of the water with a FULL tank of fuel

MID range IS defiantly stronger feeling ( again will compare this weekend)

TOP END
    I got some good speed& rpms today out of it with out ringing its neck.....till I film the result not going to into the specifics just yet
    WILL be better as I get to add more improvements

( NO WASHER MOD, NO SCOM )

FUEL usage was better for the amount of ridding I did today ( time will tell by how much )

HULL:
    when hitting 2-2.5ft white capped wind chop now the ski SOUNDS more solid, doesn't have that going to break sound it had before....the ski just tracks straight threw it

STILL has the vibrating waterbox issue at approx 4500-500rpm when cruising along.

I didnt notice the growling noise this 2012 ski made on some smooth water turns...
    ( but it wasnt a great day for smooth water either )

DECK GRIP:

the stock hydroturf is offering a better grip ( on my boots I found )

did I say I LOVE this ski!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was it worth the money YEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will update more later as I need to go have a drink to stop smiling ( my face is sore )

Waz

By the way I am NOT trying to discredit and or piss anybody off ...these are just my findings and what I believe.
    Last edited by sirbreaksalot; 12-29-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Did you feel the "soft" limiter on unhooking that I was talking about?

Well I can you like the Ski (I know the feeling) You are right, the mid range hit is just amazing. Yes, you can hit virtually any swell type from any direction and the Ski is very neutral to all of it; it feels very very good.

Not only did KAW hit a home run with this Ski, they hit the ball right out of the Park. JB

+1
    I agree, the handling is more predictable. As for turning, I dont ride closed course, but this ski seems to be on rails, I have about 3 hours on mine now and it really gets around a corner. What I am really impressed with is the fact that when you hit the govenor it is not even breathing hard you can tell it wants more and is impatient to run. I am running my 300x at the Hahn this year, but it is only because I have so much invested in the new engine and the ski in general, not because the 310x would not be competitive.

+1
    on a side npte while riding I seen a Seadoo spark plug ....... man they are totaly crap in any kid of chop... this poor guy and his kid needed a kidney transplant after the pounding they were getting from SMALL waves and swells.... yes it was alittle choppy , but they were getting totally smashed ....So NO Mark running a spark class in LB2CAT is a dangerous thing to do

+1
    Update:

I ran the 310 vs 300 (2012)

side by side standing starts the 310 is faster out of the hole, I am going to put my spare NEW pump housing and STOCK prop into the 300 as it has a bit of cavitation frim time to time
    ( just to even the test out.

But from the 6-10 times we compared the 310 won evey time

its a must to start out on nose FULL down and after 10ft push the trim button to get the nose up
    anything above nose neutral resulted in poor starts we found

1.4hrs of ride time yesterday side by side all day with 300x resulted in fuel buzzers going off with in 1 min of each other , will confirm refill liters this week when I get them both to the servo to refill them

swapped over between skis during the day , MAN i even loved riding the 310 even with out the lifter wedges that I need/want on every ski..... all offshore riding 5ft swell @10sec with alot of small 1-2ft confused water over the swell

Gopro footage to come!!
    Last edited by sirbreaksalot; 12-29-2013 at 03:55 PM.

7. +1 by:

This is great information! Was the 300 (2012) all stock or modded ?

+1
    300x has some air modes , my catchcan,aussie scom,TBM offshore steering and a pwcoffshore sticker kit
    310 has TBM offshore steering and NO sticker kit

both had same fuel loads
    both riders same abilities

even tried each rider to do the 123 count

but want to redo after we put new pump in 300x to ensure its not a cavitation issue, (dont think it is ) but to be far the 300x has some hrs on the prop etc

Waz

+1
    I would like to get an acceleration comparison between the oem 300 impeller and the 310 impeller. I think the 310 impeller on the 300 will be very nice. Especially on one with a tune.

11. +1 by:

+1
    What RPM is the ski limited?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information