+1

caviation issues, will speedfreaks bellow band help?

My boat is hitting the limiter 5/6 times and is slow out of the hole. I have the R&D seal installed. I find water spots on the water box inline with the CR so I'm thinking its sucking it back when you nail it.

will the speadfreaks bellow band help with this? any other suggestions?

+1
    pull back the CR and have a look... If its nice and even, the bellow band will help.. if its grooved and out of true, then it may actually make it worse.

+1
    Sounds to me that when you installed the R&D pump seal it might have gotten pinched when installed or you have a wear ring that is really worn and needs to be changed

+1
    Wear ring was fine but changed it anyway a few weeks ago with no change and the seal is not pinched. Was going to change the Cr and bellow next. Was thinking that while I was there check alignment and possibly install the bellow band. But didn't want to spend the $$ if it wouldn't help.

+1
    Hows your prop??are all the blades in good condition and pitched properly??If so it Sounds like the accordian boot could be getting weak....IF this were me i would check the engine alignment first...IF it is good then i would replace the accordian boot AND carbon seal along with a new C-clip...Seeing you installed a new pump seal and wear ring those are ruled out...IMO the Speedfreaks bellow band would only be band aiding your issue IF you install it by itself....I had some cavatation issues with my ski,aligned it,replaced the carbon seal and band and havent had any issues with cavatation yet..I also install 2, 2 1/2 rubber O-rings to the outside of the boot,that way IF it does start to cavatate all i have to do is pull a O-ring into the bellows groove tightening it up putting pressure on the seal..kinda like the SF bellow band does only a heck of alot cheaper...trust me..100 dollars in parts is WAY cheaper than what the outcome could be if you sunk your ski..

+1
    Thanks sno think that answers what I was getting after. Was planing on replacing the stock ring and boot after the alignment. Just didn't want to have rip it all out again just to the SF band on. The prop is perfect and was pitched by SF's.

Guess I will hold off on the band for now. Sno, the oring trick your talking about, just normal rubber orings? You just put them in the folds on the boot around the outside?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mibunkerking View Post
    Sno, the oring trick your talking about, just normal rubber orings? You just put them in the folds on the boot around the outside?
    Yup,What i do is put them on the outside of the bellow when it is new seeing the tension on the carbon seal is more than tight enough..That way i dont have to take the driveline apart in the future...Then as time goes on and i notice cvatation do to the bellow weaking or the seal wearing i put one in at a time as needed...Just remember You dont want to much tension on the seal assembly as it will can put to much pressure on your thrust bearings inside the motor..If you have a new seal/boot assembly along with wear ring,pump seal and prop and still experiance cvatation,then you have another issue that needs attention...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010316.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	320377   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5121.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	320378   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5120.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	320379  

8. +1 by:

+1
    Thank you sno.

Thread Information