Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polaris help virage tx1200 2001

Hi guys I'm looking for some advise on a Polaris tx 1200 2001 ski I have .
    Ran perfect last season, I didn't drain the fuel out there was probly 1/3 of fuel left in the tank for 6-8 months. It still runs the oil injection so I just topped it up with fresh premiem fuel. The ski ran pretty well on the first outing wich was only a 20 min test run . The next day took it out and was goin good for 40 mins and the only sign of not running well was lil rough idle. Then as we changed biscuit riders within 8 mins of towing the new rider it felt like it was starting to foul a plug so I turnd around n rode straight back to the ramp an loaded it up. Thinking it was just plugs I changed them n filled the tank to the brim took it back out n same problem from the get go. Sluggish take off 40 mph top speed so loaded it back up n that where we r right now. I have drained all fuel from the tank, drained the water fuel sep, this ski still has grey tempo lines. Recently changed oil to Lucas land & sea 2stroke. The motor was fully re built 7 hrs ago. And has ran perfect for those 7 hrs.

Banned User
    +1
    Get rid of the tempo lines asap. You need to open the carbs and clean everything out. I would be willing to bet the internal filters are plugged. Carbs may need to be rebuilt as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Get rid of the tempo lines asap. You need to open the carbs and clean everything out. I would be willing to bet the internal filters are plugged. Carbs may need to be rebuilt as well.

Is there any way of cleaning the carbs without disturbing the mixture screws or takaking the carbs off? I'll get new fuel line today an change it.

Banned User
    +1
    The carbs must come off and be disassembled to clean them. There is no other way to do it. They are pretty easy to remove. There is only one mixture screw. Just count the number of turns until closed and write it down for when you get it all put back together.

Ok cool I'll wip em off n go through them.

Do I take the manifold off with carbs all together or the carbies off 1 by 1

Ok just figured that 1 out pretty quick. I thought the carbs were still mounted even when I took the filter off
    they were just a lil stuck lol sweet carbs were a lil green from 2 cycle oil
    took all covers off carefully removing all o rings & rubber gaskets b4 carbie cleaning the crud out of them both sides
    took jets out , cleaned the needle n seat n filter bout to put it all back on. I'll keep in touch.

Well the carbs were fine. The middle cylynder has no comp prob caused by bad fuel or lean mixture from gummy carb.

Thanx for ya help bryanp sorry to stuff u around

Where can I get a top end re build kit for the Polaris 1200 triple??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information