Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thinking about buying used rxpx and rxtx need advice..

Gents been a big fan of this site for years. Thanks to the ones that answer questions and help people you guys advice and wisdom is priceless. My question is looking getting back on water found 2009 rxpx and rxtx. After asking few questions owner seemed knowledgeable of the SC rebuilds and proper way of breaking in. The skies have around 50 hours on them and look to be a 9 out of a 10 in condition. I have worn out the seach in looking at any issues the year had .. only thing I have is carbon seal problems ... thats about it not sure what else may need attention. If I purchase them even at 50 hours ill more than likley go ahead and rebuild the SC's and have someone I can trust go through them make sure everthing is on point. I had a 06 rxp could not stop smiling from ear to ear on that thing untill I had to sell it for family reasons. Started out on a 97 gsx when I was 13 ran it into the ground with 240 hours on it hard hours..riding bikinis around... came across a ultra 250 pretty good ski only had it for one seasson. Felt big for me I missed the rxp ... so here I am freezing my ba$$s off in the sand box. The owner of the skies is holding them for me until I return in Feb. I dont plan on modding...just want a solid ski and reliable ones. and want to know any weak points ... sorry for long post any help would be appreciated.

Murph

+1
    Your good with those two skis. The valves have already been done by seadoo with the updated ones 08+. Only thing is the chargers. Best to water test though before you make a deal and make sure they run to 8100. Where you located? Living the icy dream like us up here now too? Lol

+1
    The biggest thing is the chargers for sure.

Banned User
    +1
    My father's 08 RXTX has been running flawlessly since day one, he has just over 110 hours on it. We are planning to rebuild the SC in the spring (its in storage now)...

My only suggestion is to replace the intake grates...The OEM's were very aggressive, and they put a lot of water pressure stress on the pump tunnels, especially the RXTX. The aggressive grate was used to PHYSICALLY slow the skis down to keep them within the 66-67mph range. However, the added pressure would cause the pump tunnels to swell and crack under high speeds. So look up underneath to see if you see any spider web cracking...

Quote Originally Posted by greenbullet View Post
    our good with thseo skis. The valves have already been done by seadoo with the updated ones 08+. Only thing is the chargers. Best to water test though before you make a deal and make sure they run to 8100. Where you located? Living the icy dream like us up here now too? Lol
    Good deal yea I told him no test ride no cash. Need make sure they pull strong I even told him more than welcome to ride along just need see right RPM and MPH. Thinking about it now not sure if I want a grown man holding on to me ... haha I know need to test too for cavatition from wear ring. Like I said first thing I will end of doing is going ahead and have them rebuilt I know little soon from a 100 hours but I dont know the skies. Anything else you think of.. im from georgia im in kabul Afghanistan kicking sand right now wishing I was on warm water and sun in my face its cold cold here right now thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny;23098i5
    My father's 08 RXTX has been running flawlessly since day one, he has just over 110 hours on it. We are planning to rebuild the SC in the spring (its in storage now)...

My only suggestion is to replace the intake grates...The OEM's were very aggressive, and they put a lot of water pressure stress on the pump tunnels, especially the RXTX. The aggressive grate was used to PHYSICALLY slow the skis down to keep them within the 66-67mph range. However, the added pressure would cause the pump tunnels to swell and crack under high speeds. So look up underneath to see if you see any spider web cracking...

Awesome thank you Im writing it down... nothing riva grate cant solve? Good advice !

Yep no rolling dice on that one.

+1
    Near bullet proof skis.
    08-09 were some of doos best x model skis.

+1
    There were several 2008 RXT-Xs that had pump tunnel stress crack failures, I know it very well as I had a brand new ski fail twice and almost sunk. There is a ton of info on this subject especially in the how to section.

My advice is to inspect the pump tunnel very carefully and look for stress cracks along the sides of the tunnel. If none or minimal your good to go. If you see a bunch running length wise, walk away as fast as you can!

The 08-09'TXs are great skis as long as the tunnel area is free of cracks. My brother in law has his running 82+ mph!!!

Good luck

Thats good to hear..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information