Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2014 fzr(s) what needs to be changed?

So I'm seeing all the new parts that were added to the new fzr but how good are these parts that were changed. I'm no mechanic but I've added all these upgrades to my 2012 and was just wondering are the new ones just as good quality? Or will all those new upgrades that it comes with be needing to be changed anyway to achieve the speeds we all love. Bottom line what will it take to get the 2014's over 80. Will it be easier or just as much work as earlier models.

+1
    I believe Jerry already made a post stating that the 2014 FZR will run 73-74mph with no changes other than an ECU reflash to remove the rev limiter. I know the stock IC is more efficient on the 2014 FZR than past models, but I'd be willing to bet that 80mph or very close to 80mph will be achievable with an IC upgrade, cool air intake, ribbon delete, ECU reflash, and maybe a VX ride plate swap.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pwc4life View Post
    I believe Jerry already made a post stating that the 2014 FZR will run 73-74mph with no changes other than an ECU reflash to remove the rev limiter. I know the stock IC is more efficient on the 2014 FZR than past models, but I'd be willing to bet that 80mph or very close to 80mph will be achievable with an IC upgrade, cool air intake, ribbon delete, ECU reflash, and maybe a VX ride plate swap.
    Don"t for get to re enforce the pump tunnel, Tommy Jordan

5. +1 by:

Wow they upgraded everything but that? That's scary.

7. +1 by:

+1
    IMO if you have a older FZR you are just upgrading to a SVHO just because you can or just want to, because IMO there is just no reason. Your still gonna do or need much of the same upgraded parts. Only thing a older ski is gonna need that a newer one will not is the bigger linner and prop, because the pump isn't gonna provide anymore top end and very minor holeshot over the one with just two less viens and ofcoarse we all like the new ride plate. A et low boost or C3 can be had cheap and I can bet there better than the newer SCer.
    So is the $14000 grand worth it to you? IDK, but that's my 2cents if you have one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    IMO if you have a older FZR you are just upgrading to a SVHO just because you can or just want to, because IMO there is just no reason. Your still gonna do or need much of the same upgraded parts. Only thing a older ski is gonna need that a newer one will not is the bigger linner and prop, because the pump isn't gonna provide anymore top end and very minor holeshot over the one with just two less viens and ofcoarse we all like the new ride plate. A et low boost or C3 can be had cheap and I can bet there better than the newer SCer.
    So is the $14000 grand worth it to you? IDK, but that's my 2cents if you have one.
    Will see, With Speed everything Changes, There was alot more thought into this ski Than in the Past.

I have to disagree because before You did not get the bigger liner,rideplate,grate,bigger injectors,intercooler, Mats etc all for the same price?

+1
    to me the forged internals are the one thing the 14' brings that is not easy or cheap to do on an older ski. Personally I would not upgrade my 12 to a 14 unless it was like a $3-4K upgrade.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    Will see, With Speed everything Changes, There was alot more thought into this ski Than in the Past.

I have to disagree because before You did not get the bigger liner,rideplate,grate,bigger injectors,intercooler, Mats etc all for the same price?
    But I think his point is (and a good one) most with a older ski will have a lot of these mods already. And none of them are really that expensive (to justify loosing your ass on trading or selling a 2012 ski)

If you are starting from scratch or an older ski and there was a 2K dollar premium for a 14' vs a 13' you would be crazy not to get the 14' IMO.

+1
    Yea, Guys no doubt the 14 is the way to go. I think they hit a home run, but what I mean is for most people it is just not needed. Most people with FZR/s now don't need to take a hit and trade up as there skis can still go 83 very easy.
    Oh yea I love the forged internals. That was a great idea, but I know of 5 ski's here all running et 15.5s for well over 60hours on the cast internals. So again it is a awesome upgrade, but can still be worked around.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post

Intercooler people will still upgrade to a 14 or so on.
    The older injectors still worked very well with SCer impellers up to a et15.5
    Ecu will still need a Reflash. Whatever model.
    Mats are $80 bucks but not needed.
    Intake grate. I sure hope they both would upgrade to a R&D and not stay stock.

I 100% agree with you, Just putting thoughts out there, because bro we will mod the new just like the old, some of the exact same parts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information