Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kwaka Stx15f handling

Love my stx15f it does everything I want , however my only criticism is the nose heavy nature at low speeds. Anyone have any mods to counter act this.

Thanks. Si.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Yes, burn up all your fuel except 1-2 gallons then go slow...lol I mean that in jest.
    It is not anything you can really effectively change except adding weight to the rear. It is the weight of a full fuel tank, or even half full, or? that is causing this. At low speed things like a wedge or trimmed up nozzle (it does not have trim but could be added as a project) do not really help the attitude of the craft.
    I would not add any weight. If you are riding double have someone sit on the rear part of the seat and use the handle on the seat.
    If that is your only complaint then you are doing well. It is one of the best ski's ever. Fast and fun and reliable.
    Maybe someone else has an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rlovebk View Post
    Yes, burn up all your fuel except 1-2 gallons then go slow...lol I mean that in jest.
    It is not anything you can really effectively change except adding weight to the rear. It is the weight of a full fuel tank, or even half full, or? that is causing this. At low speed things like a wedge or trimmed up nozzle (it does not have trim but could be added as a project) do not really help the attitude of the craft.
    I would not add any weight. If you are riding double have someone sit on the rear part of the seat and use the handle on the seat.
    If that is your only complaint then you are doing well. It is one of the best ski's ever. Fast and fun and reliable.
    Maybe someone else has an idea.
    Yeah agree it is a great ski and I love it. Just at low speeds with half a tank it tends to be very nose heavy don't ride 2 up very much so didn't know if anyone had managed to maybe add some trim up on the nozzle?

+1
    Does it cause any problems? I'm only concerned about stability at high speed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by axlef123 View Post
    Love my stx15f it does everything I want , however my only criticism is the nose heavy nature at low speeds. Anyone have any mods to counter act this.

Thanks. Si.
    I wonder if Jim modifies the ride plate on these Kawi's to lift more hull out the water ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Does it cause any problems? I'm only concerned about stability at high speed.
    I've had mine for 6 seasons now and I don't consider this a problem. You will not have any instability at high or low speed. Just don't open the hatch in rough surf conditions.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    OP talks about nose heavy at LOW speeds. I would guess he means no-wake and maybe no more then 15 mph. After that nose lifts and issue gone.
    At these speeds a plate/trim/wedge will not make a difference, at least not enough to remedy the stated issue.
    Just what I am gathering by this.

+1
    After that nose lifts and issue gone. At these speeds a plate/trim/wedge will not make a difference, at least not enough to remedy the stated issue.
    -------------
    Very true - as a Pump Wedge will not help if the ski is not up "on-plane".

Simon - are you stating this issue is noticeable when your ski is NOT up "on-plane"?

Hope all is well with you - and Happy 2014 !!!

Ed

+1
    OP talks about nose heavy at LOW speeds. I would guess he means no-wake and maybe no more then 15 mph. After that nose lifts and issue gone.
    At these speeds a plate/trim/wedge will not make a difference, at least not enough to remedy the stated issue.
    Agree. Was assuming he was talking about speeds 30-45 mph. No wake zone, all bets are off !!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Rooster View Post
    Agree. Was assuming he was talking about speeds 30-45 mph. No wake zone, all bets are off !!!
    Was out at the w/e and as stated the no wake zone is an issue. We also had some pretty heavy seas and because we were going pretty slow the front end kept going under which was a tad worrying .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information