Thread: GP13r throttle position sensor
12-30-2013, 09:57 PM #1
- Join Date
- Oct 2013
GP13r throttle position sensor
Ski won't start and I've narrowed it down to throttle position sensor. Will run with sensor wiring disconnected for 10 seconds then audible alarm and engine icon comes up on dash. Is there a way to link the position sensor out,can I replace the sensor or adjust it or do I have to replace the whole throttle body assembly as someone has said? HELP!!
12-30-2013, 10:12 PM #2
few things that happened to me, when my ski didnt start after a motor rebuild
1) the ignition start solenoid made noise like it worked but actually didnt.
2) throttle position sensor needs to be at neutral in order for ski to start.
3) the back of the stinger temp sensor was not hooked up, and would not start. (also make sure u have a proper ohm plug for the D-plate mod if u are running a D-plate cat/con delete, as 1200 and 1300 are different)
Yamaha has a Recall for 03-05 GP1300R for throttle cable. if u bring it to them, not only will they install a new one for you for free, but also adjust it to proper neutral. so u never have issues starting like i did.
12-31-2013, 08:06 AM #3
(1) make sure the throttle is not sticking or cable were it's keeping the throttle open because if throttle is open it kills spark and it will not start.
(2) the tps sensor lever on the back is sticking and won't return that will cause it not to start, Cure is remove tps sensor and turn the lever it should return freely if not spray some wd40 and turn back and forth till it returns freely.
(3) bad tps. Note when install tps back it needs to be adjust to 0.793-0.807 volts.
01-01-2014, 04:00 PM #4
01-01-2014, 04:46 PM #5
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Ronn25 in forum Yamaha ClassifiedsReplies: 3Last Post: 04-12-2010, 08:56 PM
By steelroe in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 5Last Post: 10-30-2009, 05:13 PM
By way2much2do in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-18-2009, 09:37 PM
By way2much2do in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 06-28-2009, 10:03 PM
By camar0 in forum Sea Doo ClassifiedsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-23-2008, 03:51 PM