Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Matatan tocullo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    VISTA AL RIO FL
    Posts
    1,725
    +1
    69

    Testing the waters!!!!!?????

    Ok so here I am my first post in the Yammi side!!! Please be easy on me 'm still not sold completely with this idea.... I'm contemplating the idea of getting a new ski and the FZR is drawing my attention a lot!!! So here is the question!! If I want to make this ski run in the upper 80s what is needed?? Keeping in mind that is a rec ski!!


  2. #2
    AWA MEMBER
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Currituck, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    4,616
    +1
    247
    Reflash ecu, socom ,14psi of boost, not much

  3. #3
    WP3223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    895
    +1
    93
    Everything you need to know, right here -

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=184494

  4. #4
    AWA MEMBER
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Currituck, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    4,616
    +1
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by WP3223 View Post
    Everything you need to know, right here -

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=184494
    I think he is looking at a 2014 model

  5. #5
    Matatan tocullo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    VISTA AL RIO FL
    Posts
    1,725
    +1
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WP3223 View Post
    Everything you need to know, right here -

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=184494
    I think he is looking at a 2014 model
    Thanks for your response!! Forgive my ignorance but what is the difference with the 2014 vs the older models?

  6. #6
    Matatan tocullo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    VISTA AL RIO FL
    Posts
    1,725
    +1
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by WP3223 View Post
    Everything you need to know, right here -

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=184494
    \

    Thank you much!!

  7. #7
    AWA MEMBER
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Currituck, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    4,616
    +1
    247
    14 has better parts faster holeshot in stock form and handling is improved from the 09-13 models

  8. #8
    Matatan tocullo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    VISTA AL RIO FL
    Posts
    1,725
    +1
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    14 has better parts faster holeshot in stock form and handling is improved from the 09-13 models

    thanks!!

  9. #9
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,134
    +1
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by tocullo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    14 has better parts faster holeshot in stock form and handling is improved from the 09-13 models

    thanks!!
    The 2014 models got a new supercharger, larger intercooler, and 160mm pump. I know the ECU was also re-tuned to accommodate the new parts, but not exactly sure how.
    The 2014 also requires premium fuel whereas previous models ran on regular gas.

  10. #10
    Matatan tocullo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    VISTA AL RIO FL
    Posts
    1,725
    +1
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tocullo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    14 has better parts faster holeshot in stock form and handling is improved from the 09-13 models

    thanks!!
    The 2014 models got a new supercharger, larger intercooler, and 160mm pump. I know the ECU was also re-tuned to accommodate the new parts, but not exactly sure how.
    The 2014 also requires premium fuel whereas previous models ran on regular gas.
    has anyone posted some numbers yet??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS Testing The Waters
    By GP1800 in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 09:33 AM
  2. testing the water ports
    By kzzzski in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 04:30 PM
  3. FS Testing the waters
    By nick34 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 11:00 PM
  4. testing the waters
    By terkkata in forum Sea Doo 2 Stroke Skis
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 08:06 AM
  5. How to test the OPAS Blocks for water??
    By Totallyblown in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2006, 12:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •