removing jet pump

I need to move the entire pump and housing to a different hull that was stripped. Removed 4 nuts from the studs and the hose off the hose barb. The pump broke loose but will not pull out. What am I missing? Thanks Greg

Banned User
    +1
    What model are you working on? Does it have the 2 siphon hoses attached inside the hull too?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg L View Post
    I need to move the entire pump and housing to a different hull that was stripped. Removed 4 nuts from the studs and the hose off the hose barb. The pump broke loose but will not pull out. What am I missing? Thanks Greg
    Removed four nuts on the inside of the hull, or from the rear of the pump base?

Have you removed the four long bolts that hold the pump together?

See my signature links for more info on how the jet pump comes apart, even several videos.

I have only removed the 4 nuts on the thru hull studs. The siphon hose (1) and the 2 cables have also been removed. The thru hull bearing is loose on the shaft and will slide. The drive shaft moves in the coupler about 1/4 inch but returns once pressure on pump housing is released. The ski is a 2002 Virage I. The hull has a hole in it and I got a good stripped hull for free and am in the process of moving everything over. Do I need to split the pump first? I have looked at the info that K447 posted but I need the entire pump.
    Last edited by Greg L; 12-31-2013 at 01:58 PM. Reason: add info

+1
    Remove the jet pump body and nozzle assembly first. Then work at removing the pump base.

Take off those four long bolts and the pump body should come off.

Thanks for the help. After taking the jet body off, the shaft pulled right out. The front part of the pump was hitting the ride plate and came right off after removing the ride plate. Got the engine out after taking off the exhaust. Got the fuel tank out but had to take out the fuel pump to get it out. Noticed a tube with brass check valve in the bottom of tank. I don't know if it came off as I removed the pump or if it was off before. I think it goes on the return side of the pump. Is this correct?

I also see some scores on the front cylinder wall. Ski was running fine when the hull got broke. I know I should repair it know but sure hope I can get everything back together. What is your opinion on a top end rebuild. Thanks for all help.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131231_164400135.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	320522Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131231_171606744.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	320523
    Last edited by Greg L; 12-31-2013 at 07:09 PM. Reason: load pictures

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg L View Post
    ... Got the fuel tank out but had to take out the fuel pump to get it out. Noticed a tube with brass check valve in the bottom of tank. I don't know if it came off as I removed the pump or if it was off before. I think it goes on the return side of the pump. Is this correct? ...
    Is this a fuel injected 2-stroke engine?

If yes, see my signature links regarding common issues and repairs with the Ficht engines, including the fuel pump pressure regulator.

Thread Information