Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Jerry, Jerry, Jerry jerryspringer's Avatar
    +1

Rxpx 260 intercooler blown.... 2013 ( with pisser added)

Hey all

what a suprise , suspected intercooler blown in px260, so much for the "2013 fix" with the pisser added

I ride a lot in the salt water and am worried about longevity -
    for those who have had similar problems, what was replaced under warranty...- Obviously intercooler will be replaced and hopefully I get a "good one" (feels like Russian roulette) & I will no longer have drama's with the cooler..(wishful thinking)

BUT... What about valves, throttle body , charger - how does / did Seadoo warranty warrant possible damage to those items...

Have ve I got the right to demand replacement of those items with new if there is any signs of corrosion on charger, pitting on valves etc..

Ski has 35 hours on it , so still in good shape..

last thing I want is to have further dramas and keep returning ...or worse still have things go wrong just outside of Seadoo warranty ( in Australia - 2 year maximum warranty ) and be up for costs cause Seadoo skimped on the warranty end

+1
    Just saw another one here in Australia, 2013 with 39 hours..........

Sad times.

+1
    If you have some money to spend i would get a riva Gen 3 Intercooler so you don't have to worry about it anymore, i bet the factory ones will fail again and again, especially in the salt water, mine went bad at 15 hours

4. +1 by:

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    If you put another oem cooler in there, you'll be dealing with the same problem again. It's just a matter of when, not if. BRP really needs to address these garbage coolers!

+1
    Crazy - Seadoo lowering production costs means if the consumer wants a reliable intercooler, the consumer subsidises Seadoo by putting after market -

worst still - the cost of the oem intercooler and gen 3 are almost the same ... If I asked the dealer to fit riva gen 3 instead and I ll pay the difference in part price " sorry , that's an aftermarket component , it ll void warranty"

no win situation..
    Last edited by jerryspringer; 01-02-2014 at 03:37 AM.

+1
    The problem with installing a Gen 3 under warranty is how do (we-- as the dealer) know the REAL COST of the Gen 3 vs the OEM cooler? There is no way that Riva will sell us a Gen 3 at true cost, so how would we know what the difference is in price? BRP only pays cost on the new oem part, they dont pay retail msrp for warranty work.

Plus if you had a better dealer, not saying yours is bad, but one that is willing to work with you then it might happen.....

Just my .02

+1
    i would go riva gen 3. BRP just released another part number/new model cooler. maybe 3rd time lucky??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    The problem with installing a Gen 3 under warranty is how do (we-- as the dealer) know the REAL COST of the Gen 3 vs the OEM cooler? There is no way that Riva will sell us a Gen 3 at true cost, so how would we know what the difference is in price? BRP only pays cost on the new oem part, they dont pay retail msrp for warranty work.

Plus if you had a better dealer, not saying yours is bad, but one that is willing to work with you then it might happen.....

Just my .02
    Hi tiny,

Isn't the real question why should the consumer/customer need to look at other non gen or aftermarket products period.

I'm in Aus - list price for a rxpx260 is above $20,000 .... Wouldn't a price tag like that suggest a continually failing part would ve been addressed by now...not require me to cut some sort of deal with a dealer . My ski isn't a year old , is well maintained and is sitting in a shop in peak riding time .

oh , btw the dealer doesn't have any standard oem coolers in stock , funny that , his used all his new oem stock due to high number of failures ....

I m not blaming the dealer - not his fault , all I know , I ve spent $20000 , and the idea of the customer having to haggle over a couple hundred bucks seems ridiculous....

I'm not having a crack at you tiny , but I'm sure as a dealer you ve heard this sort of complaint plenty of times....(you guys get stuck in the middle which is a bad place to be also), But what has changed ... I d understand if I was a one off , things can fail , things go wrong, But I'm not ... I'm guess I'm just venting lol

soi guess that's my .02 cents , or maybe I should say that's my 2000000 cents
    Last edited by jerryspringer; 01-02-2014 at 06:38 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by C Doo View Post
    i would go riva gen 3. BRP just released another part number/new model cooler. maybe 3rd time lucky??
    Any chance you know the new part number?

+1
    With a leaking ic and your riding in salt water is going to cause rusting of the throttle body , valves once you go to store the ski.
    I've seen a few with these issues after storage and all had bad ic problems..

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information