Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2004 215 sc

+1

2004 215 sc

Hi Everyone, and Happy New Year.

I was thinking of upgrading the SC for the new style on the Xs. I figure I have to replace the injectors for the 42psi ones as well. My question is. Do I need to also change the fuel regulator also?

Here is a little history.
    Just purchased an 04 RXP with the 215 SC engine. I figured I would do all the updates before it failed so I have the head off and the valves replaced with Torx valves and waiting for the head gaskets and bolts. Also have the SC off to check even though it was supposed to be updated, it was not. Oh well there was no documentation so I assumed that anyway and the price was good.

Thanks

+1
    Do I need to also change the fuel regulator also?
    No

+1
    Great , Thanks

Banned User
    +1
    Welcome to Hulk!

Couple things I would recommend, since I have the same ski ....and you have it apart.

Since the head is off, I would suggest swapping out the oil jet in the block, just below the head. This jet is used to restrict oil flow to the head, which lubricates the entire valvetrain. When running in the upper RPM range, or more RPM's when a different ECU is used, oil starvation can happen on the upper valvetrain. Even though I only ran stock RPM's, I did have some wear from oil starvation. Swap it out now, its good insurance...You can get it here.....http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=387

As for the SC, you have a few options....HOWEVER, anything you put in will NOT be running at its full potential if you 1) keep the OEM air intake system, and 2) keep the OEM IC...Both restrict performance, and will hold back anything you install...

No matter what you do with the SC, going to a larger air intake and an external IC will give you a lot of performance gain while making the ski more reliable, even with a stock SC...

As I have suggested to many people in the past, you need to start with a good foundation before you start adding power parts...

I suggest doing the following...
    - Rebuild the OEM SC
    - 4" Air intake system
    - External IC
    - Exhaust, simple gutted box with a rear exhaust

Now that may sound like much, but that setup is actually LESS than the cost of an X charger and larger injectors (as of now, X charger and injectors is about $1150 from the forum store)....

Have Jerry rebuild your SC.....SIMPLE. Then you have a foundation for a possible ET127 upgrade in the future...

You can build your own air intake system, or grab one already in a kit, here...
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...dex&cPath=18_2

IC kit here...
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=983

Exhaust setup here...
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=301

If you do just those items, you will have a ski that is reliable and is a good foundation to start building...BECAUSE, you will be bitten by the Mod Bug

--Danny

+1
    +1 on dannys advise..

Ic, air intake are very important..

Welcome aboard the Hulk!!!

+1

Thanks, great advise. I can see where my extra money will be going this year. Oil Jet not showing up on the link for some reason. I do love this ski for working on it. Everything is so easy compared to the XP. After thinking about it, I may get everything back to just stock(except the oil jet) and look for a used engine assy and work one up for next year after I sell my XP. Everyone needs that hole in the water to throw some money I guess. Might as well do it all the way the first time.
    Last edited by Snoman; 01-02-2014 at 12:32 PM.

+1
    You could just remove the oil jet and upgrade to a 06+ rockershaft...

+1
    I also have an 04 RXP. For an aftermarket IC, which would folks recommend? Fizzle vs Riva? I have a Rive Stage 1 kit so I think the air intake part is covered. Only getting 71.2mph using Garmin GPSMAP78. Can't afford too many mods this year so I have to be very choosy.

Fairly new to GH.

I mainly ride out of Long Beach (CA), Cabrillo or Marina Del Rey. Or ride along Colorado River areas (Yuma to Mead).

Steve (from Lomita)

+1
    So for now I just rebuilt my SC. I noticed in the instructions it talks about an oil drain hole on the motor side between the 2 bearings and not to block it with grease. Is this drain on the newer or older SCs ? Mine is an 04.

+1
    BTW. I found a 3/4 copper pipe works great for pushing the drive gear on with the bearings. The plastic bearing retainer passes right through.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information