Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Rustymuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hendersonville, TN
    Posts
    2,640
    +1
    352

    Real Review: Slippery Liquid Race Boot

    Have you ever heard of “you judge a man by his shoes?” Although that’s a pretty rotten way to topically size-up someone based upon their fiscal stature, it actually traces back to far more utilitarian roots. A workingman could be readily identified by his footwear, as the right shoe was tailored for the job. You wouldn’t wear lacy dress shoes to the construction site, would you? Nor would you typically clod around in your steel-toed work boots at a wedding? We didn’t think so.

    That is why when it comes to riding your personal watercraft, footwear is understandably as specialized. When the sun is out as are the temperatures, it’s easy to forgo the footwear and ride barefoot. While that’s all good fun, humans lack the same natural traction pads to keep you from slipping and sliding in the tray. Likewise, the soft skin of your feet can be rubbed raw, scraped, and cut rather easily; turning a fun day on the lake into an impromptu trip to the emergency room.

    Click to Read More...


  2. #2
    Q in Arizona's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, Az
    Posts
    30,408
    +1
    7,290
    "And never at anytime should you ever be caught wearing Crocs. Seriously man, show some self-respect. We’re not joking."

    I've said that a hundred times. lol.

    Good write up...these shoes were most likely the next watershoe I was going to get. It was a toss up between these and the JetTribe race boot. I have a pair of the old model Slippery "wake skate" shoe. Horrible shoe...the second time I wore them the sole started pealing back away from the toe and by the third time I wore them it was peeled about half way back under the shoe....catching and flopping when walking in shallow water and allowing sand to pack into the open bottom. FML.

    I think this was a known design flaw because Slippery discontinued these shoes fairly quick. I used some Goop RV adhesive to glue the soles back on and it's actually held up for going on 3 years now. Anyways, it's nice to hear such a positive review on Slippery's current shoe offering.

  3. #3
    "just sayin".. jetdave56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    JERSEY SHORE
    Posts
    4,494
    +1
    617
    Though I bought a few idems from Jettribe a apparel and gear company that specializes and caters to the Pwc /racing community,I was disappointed in their race boot as it lasted just one season before the zipper broke inside sole came out and outer sole tore away...this is after rinsing with fresh water and left outside to dry....

    Bought the Jet Pilot race with laces , so far after one season perfect...

    Will look at these Slippery design though...

  4. +1 by:


  5. #4
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    Though I bought a few idems from Jettribe a apparel and gear company that specializes and caters to the Pwc /racing community,I was disappointed in their race boot as it lasted just one season before the zipper broke inside sole came out and outer sole tore away...this is after rinsing with fresh water and left outside to dry....

    Bought the Jet Pilot race with laces , so far after one season perfect...

    Will look at these Slippery design though...

    Im not a racer BUT i like my Jet pilot boots too...

  6. #5
    Rustymuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hendersonville, TN
    Posts
    2,640
    +1
    352
    Thanks for the input guys. I haven't the chance to flog on a pair of Jettribe boots yet, but I do have a bunch of other Jettribe gear that will be receiving reviews over the next few weeks.

    I've heard good things about the JetPilot boots too, but I did have an old pair of their wakeskate shoes and were really disappointed. I used to wear UGP (UnderGround Products) wakeskate shoes too. Good traction but terrible at drying.

  7. #6
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. I haven't the chance to flog on a pair of Jettribe boots yet, but I do have a bunch of other Jettribe gear that will be receiving reviews over the next few weeks.

    I've heard good things about the JetPilot boots too, but I did have an old pair of their wakeskate shoes and were really disappointed. I used to wear UGP (UnderGround Products) wakeskate shoes too. Good traction but terrible at drying.
    Same here with the UGPs..I loved them..only thing i didnt like was trying to get the sand out..lol...other than that they were awesome..I had the Doyle II s..wish i could find them again..

  8. #7
    OzarkYamMonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lake Of The Ozarks
    Posts
    2,152
    +1
    295
    Hey Rusty ... I have the Slippery Boot with neopreem socks ... I did have something very weird happen. I race CC and not much time between motos ... I had my boots/socks on for about 1 & 1/2 hours one day this past summer. When I took my boot & sock off, I noticed the next day my toe nail on my Left big toe had basically all but come off. Meaning it was detached under the toe nail for about 3/4 of the underside of the nail. I know sound gross ... but not pain or anything, just clear & clean as a bell. I ask my Doctor, he said some times swimmers that wear neopreem booties come in with the same thing. So I just wanted to pass to on to everyone .... remove & air-out/dry your feet after every race ... if you can

  9. #8
    Rustymuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hendersonville, TN
    Posts
    2,640
    +1
    352
    What you experienced is called "trench foot" and was a common ailment of American "Doughboy" infantrymen in the first World War. Despite what Bear Grylls would like you to believe, humans are very delicate creatures. We don't do well exposed to moisture for too long. It's not the neoprene booties' fault, it's your DNA's fault.

  10. #9
    Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    So. Cal.
    Posts
    5,206
    +1
    511
    For offshore guys try OTB Abyss 2.
    I have OTB SAR boots and they are the best by far I have ever owned.
    Durable, excellent support, siped on the bottom so they drain right away. Not made with any water absorbing material.
    I would recommend the SAR which is what I have but it was discontinued when OTB was bought by New Balance for some reason.

    Oh yeah: US Navy Seals use them. You don't get a better recommendation then that.

    No trench-foot.

  11. #10
    Q in Arizona's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, Az
    Posts
    30,408
    +1
    7,290
    Quote Originally Posted by rlovebk View Post
    For offshore guys try OTB Abyss 2.
    I have OTB SAR boots and they are the best by far I have ever owned.
    Durable, excellent support, siped on the bottom so they drain right away. Not made with any water absorbing material.
    I would recommend the SAR which is what I have but it was discontinued when OTB was bought by New Balance for some reason.

    Oh yeah: US Navy Seals use them. You don't get a better recommendation then that.

    No trench-foot.
    Those look pretty sweet. I also just came across these. They match the GTR too! lol

    Link

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Real Review: JetPilot Apex Race John & Jacket
    By Rustymuscle in forum The Watercraft Journal
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-04-2014, 08:08 PM
  2. Real Review: Slippery Circuit Glove
    By Rustymuscle in forum The Watercraft Journal
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2014, 12:40 AM
  3. Real Review: Slippery Rev Side-Entry Vest
    By Rustymuscle in forum The Watercraft Journal
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-06-2014, 08:22 PM
  4. Real Review: Slippery Float Coat
    By Rustymuscle in forum The Watercraft Journal
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2014, 10:29 AM
  5. Real Review: Slippery Fuse John/Jacket Combo Wetsuit
    By Rustymuscle in forum The Watercraft Journal
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-17-2013, 04:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •