Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: super man

Caution raider fan in the area !!
    +1

Talking super man

doing ,the super looks dangerous . and how much do you have to weight and how tall should you be ? or does it matter.

ITs great fun! especially when you fly off and hit the water face first

+1
    I really depends on your speed,your handling setup,fuel capasity etc.....Each boat will react different to riding style and setup.These boats like to buck around 77+mph.There are several things that will cause the Buck.Gimme a call
    1-775-315-0222

or get bucked off and have soft tissue damage in your shoulder... pain killers and a few shots of cortizone did the trick though.

I weigh about 260# and am 6' and when I go superman the bow will come up 3-5 inches or more. I think I am putting too much weight to the back causing it to cavitate, who knows.

+1
    Please understand that when you do this, you are putting yourself in great danger. You have very little control over the ski, and if you get any bucking, porpoising, or other handling problems, you could get pitched from the ski and seriously hurt or killed. It ain't worth it - ask lots of members on this forum who've had a real close call.

Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    Please understand that when you do this, you are putting yourself in great danger. You have very little control over the ski, and if you get any bucking, porpoising, or other handling problems, you could get pitched from the ski and seriously hurt or killed. It ain't worth it - ask lots of members on this forum who've had a real close call.
    very true! thats why I wont be doing superman any more!

+1
    not worth it at all. given the way my ski is set up right now. no tabs and riva sponsons at max height, this thing is more slippery than a greased pig. i slid off the seat like i was gonna attempt to superman and she tried to make a hard right turn when i crossed a little ripple in the water. dont superman and we will allow u to add .5mph without busting your chops, at least you will be safe

+1
    I remember about 2 years ago a local rider Lance (razzbo on the forums) let his teenage son ride his ski. I think he's about 17, but in any case a big boy and capable of riding a fast ski.

The intake grate exploded at WOT (sure R&D, this never ever happens) and pitched him from the ski. Problem was that when he went over the ski, the handlebar slipped under his life jacket and he was thrown around like a rag doll. You should have seen the black bruising all across his chest. I'm convinced that it that had happened to anyone but a young, fit teenager, that person would have been seriously injured.

That's not to say I've never done superman. I've tried it, I don't like it, and I'll never do it again.

P.S. - just noticed this is my evil 666th post! Mwwaaahaaahaaaa!

+1
    I DO NOT SUPERMAN AT ALL anymore. Not worth it. TRUST ME..

I now wear a neck brace for all my speed runs and have 4-points of contact on the ski at all times. PERIOD

SAFETY MESSAGE: Not at any point in time does this forum promote or condone riding your PWC in the "Superman" position. Doing so is at your own risk.

+1
    Superman is 1.5 miles per hour for me.

I set my ski up for that. Billy you commented to me at mud bug how flat my ski was .

You can not set your ski up loose and superman in the same breathe.

You can set a single up with 120 thousands in the tabs with a 1200 grate
    and a Jims plate and superman through waves. Thats at 260 lbs. If you weigh less, add more to the tabs. If you weigh 325 you need nothing in the tabs. If you weigh 185 add 50 thousands to the tabs.

If you trim your tabs and superman there will only be .2 to .5 miles per hour between an 800 grate and a 1200 grate and you will have a hole shot and can getiupp in the rough also.

I am not saying superman is not dangerous. However, if we can do the above and go corner to corner under kneath each other you should be way safe in a straight line.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information