Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Filming a documentary about treasure diving

This has been in the works for the past year, but i didnt want to speak to soon. However, a group of Japanese investors who work for TBS (Tokyo Broadcast Systems) has asked A good friend of mine to captain and run a special treasure salvage and diving trip, and i have been put in charge of the entire underwater filming portion. TBS is the network that the documentary I am filming is going to be aired on. The last film that had anything to do with the ocean had over 72 million viewers that tuned into it. This one is supposed to be much bigger then that. We will be traveling to a few places, but most of the work will be done in florida. I met with the Japanese director and their liaison today and he was thrilled with everything I have planned. I will be filming some with a 3 person submersible and also standard scuba diving as well. I have been given a HUGE opportunity and will be living out a dream for the next month or two.

Its a huge production, and there are a lot of thing involved. I met with the director and he was absolutely thrilled with my gear, set up and mounts/brackets. Hes a well established director and was overzealous about it all. I might be filming in the sub, but the japanese model/movie star will be inside and i will be filming a lot on the outside. Very very cool stuff happening right now.

got the script and the rough outline of the show and it is going to be very very cool. There is adventure, hunting, romance, and all that fun still in it. I hope i get romanced, is all im saying. This is the Japanese hottie that it is going to be filmed about and based on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natsuna_Watanabe

Anyways..the entire premise of the show is about the treasure of the 1715 Spanish ship Capitana that had over 44,000,000 million worth of treasure on board when it sunk. .It has been down there for over 300 years. There were 12 ships that passed through with over 130 pearl pendants, gold diner sets, a 74 carrot emerald ring, rosery bead stones, diner sets for over 800 people and 300 stone tiaras known as the "queens jewelry"....

here are some photos of some artifacts that have already been found on the 1715 boat that was discovered by Robert Marx, the person that initiated the project.
    PLEASE NOTE!!! that meteorite in the top left corner was not found on this. I just pulled a few pieces off the wall and who doesn't love a meteorite??

Yup, the HOLY GRAIL OF REGS!!

If you can imagine what happened only 3 seconds after, to that poor guy on the left. He was the camera mans assistant. I want to say this, be glad we have OSHA and work standard in the USA. Japan is an entirely different world... the camera man and his assistant got into a fist fight on the boat after realizing he accidentally left the sound off for a few videos. he got punched 3 times in the face, uppercut and the hit 2 more times....it was CRAZY I really wish i had that on camera, but i wasnt operating the go pro that day on this boat, and it was being used by someone that wasnt aware that cameras only view things if you point the camera to the object.

Yours truly behind the wheel

Rough was an understatement. The only other boats out on most film days was the coastguard...

The man is the red jacket is one of the coolest sumbitches youll ever meet, and one of the best treasure divers out there. Capt Vince

It was so rough we had to have one guy holding the diver setting up, and the other to help get his gear and tweakers(metal detectors) set up. I also, helped the guy that was holding/supporting the diver keep his balance...4-6 footers all day long...LOTS of fun!!

We came back to the boat after a night of drinking, and one of the mates on board got hammered, and tried to cook...we found wet foot prints all around the boat, and a bottle of used zest next to a dry shower. He got drunk, went for a few swim/salvages on a nearby sunken boat, and then took a dry shower....cause he had soap all over him. Tried cooking, drank an entire bottle of rum, and passed out in the bunk...all at midnight..we had to figure this all out by the clues he left us. I felt like scooby doo and the mystery machine trying to figure out what the hell happened. It was sooo funny, we couldnt stop laughing. Every room he did something in. Except the engine room, we are all really glad he didnt decide to try and rebuild the diesels that night.

IM ON TV!!!Thats me in the blue suit, the ONLY day ive ever worn 2 wet suits in the keys...

Last edited by kwtony; 01-04-2014 at 08:32 AM.

I got the word that almost half of the documentary will be from the underwater footage i took, initially it was supposed to be about 10-15% used...This is very cool news !!

Sorry its not entirely jet ski related. Although, we have a special blower to be used on a jet ski for treasure diving, if that counts. Plus he actually wants to buy two seadoo sparks for the boat to put on the roof to use as tenders and for zipping around when needed. The capt of the boat and I were at Riva South once and he watched another employee and me literally lift a ski off the stand and I even switched to using one hand before setting it down. Considering he knew my back was at 50% he was impressed and wanted one.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Awesome. Looks more like fun them work

+1
    Wow...just wow.

+1
    Out of all that Japanese writing, the only word I can make out is "Bermuda."

+1
    Oh, and four hundred.

+1
    Tony, you suck !!! It was like 29 degrees around the New Orleans area last night. Just got to keep rubbing it in don't you. Congratulations !!! Forgetting about Pearl Harbor for a minute, the model is kind of cute.

+1
    Cool stuff please keep us informed.

She WAS cute, and a very cool person as well. Not a stuck up bitch like some other people in the hollywood spot light. She was very down to earth and for being a new diver, she dove better then some men who claim to be 'experienced'. We were all very shocked to see that she could not only hold her own as far as diving, but she did a damn good job (or acted) with the tweakers (UW metal detectors). 29 degrees, NO THANKS. It dropped below the 70s today and i actually had to put pants on, i was pissed...

Congratulations man !!!!! You incredibly lucky bastard !! That's just so seriously awesome !!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information