Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WARNING: The parts diagrams are wrong (and I need help)

I finally got to ride this weekend and it turns out I got one of the cavitating ski's. So I take a look underneath, admire the 5 year olds silicone job and then see this.

So I go to Kawi's parts diagrams to look up the part number I need and cross referance it with a 15F to see they are the same. Seems they updated they used the part numbers for the 15F/STX pump. I haven't checked any of the other diagrams.

Ultra 250 diagram

15F diagram

Anyone have a manual so i can get the right part number? Also, should I worry about the minor abrasion on the shaft? I haven't pull the grate yet in case it might be a warranty issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010292-1.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	19238  

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1

Take it to the dealer

Its under warranty, just take it to the dealer.I order some extra as soon as I started messing with the prop. Heres the part number off of the bag they came in, Also,the Ultra 150 seal will work also, I actually like the way the Ultra 150 seal was tighter on the shaft, made it go back on easier.

seal# 92093-3749

+1

Bead

While your in there clean that bead of silcone up a little bit, get it flush.

pump impeller seal.

You can also use a two piece Sea-Doo one that works the best of all of them.........

David

I myself am waiting for Skip to check out the R&D pump stuffers to see if they are helpful at all with the cavitation. I may just buy them and try them myself.

My seal is a little loose as well. Hurricane, what is the part number for the sea doo piece. I am going to head up to Riva and see if they have it but I need to know exactly what to ask for.

Curtis

Thanks, I was hoping that seal would work. I know it's under warranty but it's an easy fix and I want it done by this weekend. I also want to do the sealing job right, not only did they smear silicone all over the place, they left some voids also.

+1
    Are you going to pull the ride plate too?, because it can use some sealing in there too.Actually you will have to pull the ride plate if you want to get the pump out, the hose clamps are facing towards the front and down on the pump, just make sure you turn them over when you put it back together so you wont have to pull the ride plate next time you want to pull the pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
    I finally got to ride this weekend and it turns out I got one of the cavitating ski's. So I take a look underneath, admire the 5 year olds silicone job and then see this.

So I go to Kawi's parts diagrams to look up the part number I need and cross referance it with a 15F to see they are the same. Seems they updated they used the part numbers for the 15F/STX pump. I haven't checked any of the other diagrams.

Ultra 250 diagram
    http://www.kawasaki.com/Scripts/ImgS...&ilIF=P&ilRE=8
    15F diagram
    http://www.kawasaki.com/Scripts/ImgS...&ilIF=P&ilRE=8

Anyone have a manual so i can get the right part number? Also, should I worry about the minor abrasion on the shaft? I haven't pull the grate yet in case it might be a warranty issue.
    I would think the minor abrasion is not an issue, def clean up that silicone mess don't know what kawa was thinking there?

+1
    Hey Eric this is Austin!! How you been? You bought a Ultra????

We need to get togethere and ride. I would love to try your ultra out..

Were did you buy it?

Where are you guys seeing all of this silicone, I cleaned my ride plate, shoe, and intake. I do not have any cavitation problems it really hooks up. Does this mean that I do not have all of the silicone that you are referring to?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information