Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

CMD or Fuel pressure regulator?

So its about time I make my next round of mods... what you see in my signature is what I currently have.

On my for sure doing list is a 2013 clutch and aftermarket wheel (still not sure on the wheel)

I am trying to decide if a CMD is a FPR is a better option? The CMD sounds like it would be ideal for a set and ride person like me (I like to ride more than tune during my short summer)

My main question is how much boost can the CMD WITHOUT injectors or FPR safely support? Is an intercooler a must with any aftermarket wheel (my water and air temp is cooler than most places)?

I plan on buying another ski at the end of this year? so I don't want to go crazy but would like some better acceleration and some top speed. Any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank Brad

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    So its about time I make my next round of mods... what you see in my signature is what I currently have.

On my for sure doing list is a 2013 clutch and aftermarket wheel (still not sure on the wheel)

I am trying to decide if a CMD is a FPR is a better option? The CMD sounds like it would be ideal for a set and ride person like me (I like to ride more than tune during my short summer)

My main question is how much boost can the CMD WITHOUT injectors or FPR safely support? Is an intercooler a must with any aftermarket wheel (my water and air temp is cooler than most places)?

I plan on buying another ski at the end of this year? so I don't want to go crazy but would like some better acceleration and some top speed. Any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank Brad
    Hello Brad-

14 lbs. is about the limit you would want to run with stock injectors. Some guys have gotten away running E1 wheels (around 16 lbs) but every ski is different. An intercooler will compliment any wheel and will remove heat soak that will happen when your pushing more boost and rpm. I now guiys running R3's with an aftermarket intercooler with B1 wheels going 81-82 mph with a FPR all day long. It all depends how fast you want to go. If you want mid to high 70's just get a modded vx plate by Jim and repitch your prop to turn 8600 rpm.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hdlefler View Post

Thank Brad
    Hello Brad-

14 lbs. is about the limit you would want to run with stock injectors. Some guys have gotten away running E1 wheels (around 16 lbs) but every ski is different. An intercooler will compliment any wheel and will remove heat soak that will happen when your pushing more boost and rpm. I now guiys running R3's with an aftermarket intercooler with B1 wheels going 81-82 mph with a FPR all day long. It all depends how fast you want to go. If you want mid to high 70's just get a modded vx plate by Jim and repitch your prop to turn 8600 rpm.
    I'm not looking for a top speed #... I would be happy with mid 70's. I will not add a plate that will diminish my rough water handling (and have yet read anyone say the cut plates handle rough better than OEM)

As far as the stock injectors are you saying with a FPR I assume?

+1

Thank Brad
    Hello Brad-

I'm not looking for a top speed #... I would be happy with mid 70's. I will not add a plate that will diminish my rough water handling (and have yet read anyone say the cut plates handle rough better than OEM)

Right now with stock injectors and Walbro fuel pump...I have my FPR set to 55psi static pressure with rising rate and I am fueling 18 lbs boost with 11.8 AFR. I have the pink 565cc injectors just in case, but so far I haven't needed to use them.

+1
    Thanks guys

has anyone run the CMD yet?

+1

Thank Brad
    Hello Brad-

Yes with a fpr. Put a B1 wheel and get an aftermarket prop and your there without dealing with fueling issues. I saw one for sale for like $250.oo in the classifieds.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    If I did 1 of the 2 I would say the CMD with your background with ecus you would agree you have way more adjustability

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    If I did 1 of the 2 I would say the CMD with your background with ecus you would agree you have way more adjustability

I wish someone could tell me how much boost stock injectors can support at stock fuel pressure, it would make my decision much easier.

Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post

I wish someone could tell me how much boost stock injectors can support at stock fuel pressure, it would make my decision much easier.

Thanks
    It all depends on the ski and thats why you would check your afrs when you install a wheel. You might get away with a B1 or a low boost depending on your conditions with stock injectors. Colder weather would mean more fuel pressure.
    Take a look toward the bottom of page 7 and what deperado reported on:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ight=desperado

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I believe after E1 you will be really high on injector duty

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information