Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    r33pwrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sammamish Washington
    Posts
    4,216
    +1
    360

    CMD or Fuel pressure regulator?

    So its about time I make my next round of mods... what you see in my signature is what I currently have.

    On my for sure doing list is a 2013 clutch and aftermarket wheel (still not sure on the wheel)

    I am trying to decide if a CMD is a FPR is a better option? The CMD sounds like it would be ideal for a set and ride person like me (I like to ride more than tune during my short summer)

    My main question is how much boost can the CMD WITHOUT injectors or FPR safely support? Is an intercooler a must with any aftermarket wheel (my water and air temp is cooler than most places)?



    I plan on buying another ski at the end of this year? so I don't want to go crazy but would like some better acceleration and some top speed. Any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated.

    Thank Brad


  2. #2
    hdlefler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, Fl
    Posts
    911
    +1
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    So its about time I make my next round of mods... what you see in my signature is what I currently have.

    On my for sure doing list is a 2013 clutch and aftermarket wheel (still not sure on the wheel)

    I am trying to decide if a CMD is a FPR is a better option? The CMD sounds like it would be ideal for a set and ride person like me (I like to ride more than tune during my short summer)

    My main question is how much boost can the CMD WITHOUT injectors or FPR safely support? Is an intercooler a must with any aftermarket wheel (my water and air temp is cooler than most places)?


    I plan on buying another ski at the end of this year? so I don't want to go crazy but would like some better acceleration and some top speed. Any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated.

    Thank Brad
    Hello Brad-

    14 lbs. is about the limit you would want to run with stock injectors. Some guys have gotten away running E1 wheels (around 16 lbs) but every ski is different. An intercooler will compliment any wheel and will remove heat soak that will happen when your pushing more boost and rpm. I now guiys running R3's with an aftermarket intercooler with B1 wheels going 81-82 mph with a FPR all day long. It all depends how fast you want to go. If you want mid to high 70's just get a modded vx plate by Jim and repitch your prop to turn 8600 rpm.

  3. #3
    r33pwrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sammamish Washington
    Posts
    4,216
    +1
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by hdlefler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    So its about time I make my next round of mods... what you see in my signature is what I currently have.

    On my for sure doing list is a 2013 clutch and aftermarket wheel (still not sure on the wheel)

    I am trying to decide if a CMD is a FPR is a better option? The CMD sounds like it would be ideal for a set and ride person like me (I like to ride more than tune during my short summer)

    My main question is how much boost can the CMD WITHOUT injectors or FPR safely support? Is an intercooler a must with any aftermarket wheel (my water and air temp is cooler than most places)?


    I plan on buying another ski at the end of this year? so I don't want to go crazy but would like some better acceleration and some top speed. Any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated.

    Thank Brad
    Hello Brad-

    14 lbs. is about the limit you would want to run with stock injectors. Some guys have gotten away running E1 wheels (around 16 lbs) but every ski is different. An intercooler will compliment any wheel and will remove heat soak that will happen when your pushing more boost and rpm. I now guiys running R3's with an aftermarket intercooler with B1 wheels going 81-82 mph with a FPR all day long. It all depends how fast you want to go. If you want mid to high 70's just get a modded vx plate by Jim and repitch your prop to turn 8600 rpm.
    I'm not looking for a top speed #... I would be happy with mid 70's. I will not add a plate that will diminish my rough water handling (and have yet read anyone say the cut plates handle rough better than OEM)

    As far as the stock injectors are you saying with a FPR I assume?

  4. #4
    yamahamiamiski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    571
    +1
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hdlefler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    So its about time I make my next round of mods... what you see in my signature is what I currently have.

    On my for sure doing list is a 2013 clutch and aftermarket wheel (still not sure on the wheel)

    I am trying to decide if a CMD is a FPR is a better option? The CMD sounds like it would be ideal for a set and ride person like me (I like to ride more than tune during my short summer)

    My main question is how much boost can the CMD WITHOUT injectors or FPR safely support? Is an intercooler a must with any aftermarket wheel (my water and air temp is cooler than most places)?


    I plan on buying another ski at the end of this year? so I don't want to go crazy but would like some better acceleration and some top speed. Any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated.

    Thank Brad
    Hello Brad-

    14 lbs. is about the limit you would want to run with stock injectors. Some guys have gotten away running E1 wheels (around 16 lbs) but every ski is different. An intercooler will compliment any wheel and will remove heat soak that will happen when your pushing more boost and rpm. I now guiys running R3's with an aftermarket intercooler with B1 wheels going 81-82 mph with a FPR all day long. It all depends how fast you want to go. If you want mid to high 70's just get a modded vx plate by Jim and repitch your prop to turn 8600 rpm.
    I'm not looking for a top speed #... I would be happy with mid 70's. I will not add a plate that will diminish my rough water handling (and have yet read anyone say the cut plates handle rough better than OEM)

    As far as the stock injectors are you saying with a FPR I assume?
    Right now with stock injectors and Walbro fuel pump...I have my FPR set to 55psi static pressure with rising rate and I am fueling 18 lbs boost with 11.8 AFR. I have the pink 565cc injectors just in case, but so far I haven't needed to use them.

  5. #5
    r33pwrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sammamish Washington
    Posts
    4,216
    +1
    360
    Thanks guys

    has anyone run the CMD yet?

  6. #6
    hdlefler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, Fl
    Posts
    911
    +1
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hdlefler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    So its about time I make my next round of mods... what you see in my signature is what I currently have.

    On my for sure doing list is a 2013 clutch and aftermarket wheel (still not sure on the wheel)

    I am trying to decide if a CMD is a FPR is a better option? The CMD sounds like it would be ideal for a set and ride person like me (I like to ride more than tune during my short summer)

    My main question is how much boost can the CMD WITHOUT injectors or FPR safely support? Is an intercooler a must with any aftermarket wheel (my water and air temp is cooler than most places)?


    I plan on buying another ski at the end of this year? so I don't want to go crazy but would like some better acceleration and some top speed. Any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated.

    Thank Brad
    Hello Brad-

    14 lbs. is about the limit you would want to run with stock injectors. Some guys have gotten away running E1 wheels (around 16 lbs) but every ski is different. An intercooler will compliment any wheel and will remove heat soak that will happen when your pushing more boost and rpm. I now guiys running R3's with an aftermarket intercooler with B1 wheels going 81-82 mph with a FPR all day long. It all depends how fast you want to go. If you want mid to high 70's just get a modded vx plate by Jim and repitch your prop to turn 8600 rpm.
    I'm not looking for a top speed #... I would be happy with mid 70's. I will not add a plate that will diminish my rough water handling (and have yet read anyone say the cut plates handle rough better than OEM)

    As far as the stock injectors are you saying with a FPR I assume?

    Yes with a fpr. Put a B1 wheel and get an aftermarket prop and your there without dealing with fueling issues. I saw one for sale for like $250.oo in the classifieds.

  7. #7
    AWA MEMBER
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Currituck, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    4,616
    +1
    247
    If I did 1 of the 2 I would say the CMD with your background with ecus you would agree you have way more adjustability

  8. #8
    r33pwrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sammamish Washington
    Posts
    4,216
    +1
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    If I did 1 of the 2 I would say the CMD with your background with ecus you would agree you have way more adjustability


    I wish someone could tell me how much boost stock injectors can support at stock fuel pressure, it would make my decision much easier.

    Thanks

  9. #9
    hdlefler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, Fl
    Posts
    911
    +1
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    If I did 1 of the 2 I would say the CMD with your background with ecus you would agree you have way more adjustability


    I wish someone could tell me how much boost stock injectors can support at stock fuel pressure, it would make my decision much easier.

    Thanks
    It all depends on the ski and thats why you would check your afrs when you install a wheel. You might get away with a B1 or a low boost depending on your conditions with stock injectors. Colder weather would mean more fuel pressure.
    Take a look toward the bottom of page 7 and what deperado reported on:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ight=desperado

  10. #10
    AWA MEMBER
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Currituck, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    4,616
    +1
    247
    I believe after E1 you will be really high on injector duty

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. fuel pressure regulator - riva or r&d kit?
    By RobKman in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-14-2013, 09:09 PM
  2. WTB I want a Aeromotive or RIva Fuel pressure Regulator/
    By Water4fire in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-07-2013, 06:37 PM
  3. dynojet cmd or fuel pressure regulator and afr gauge?
    By bksbigboy69 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 07:46 AM
  4. WTB need two 07 or older rxp/rxt fuel pressure regulators
    By slydogge in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 09:46 PM
  5. WTB WTB riva or any rising rate fuel pressure regulator for an 06 RXP
    By skigolfnut in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 06:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •