Exclamation Group-k Modified Ride Plate Results??????

As some of you may have read in another thread...........I have purchased SKIPS313 Group-K modified Ultra 250 ride plate. I tested it on Sunday afternoon at the lake.

I DID NOT SEE A PERFORMANCE INCREASE OF EVEN 1 MILE PER HOUR.

Thinking that our riding styles would be different, closed course vs. lake recreation, I am not really looking for awesome handling, just a little extra speed and a lighter feel.

If anyone is interested............I called Group-K and asked to talk to Harry..........but he was busy.....Gerhard answered the phone and said that it is such an easy mod for them.........."like falling off a log" on the install and the results. I have put on many a ride plate and I am 100% sure it is installed correctly..............it's a no brainer! Garhard also told me that the plates are almost impossible to mill incorrectly and that after I asked him to inspect the plate, he said he could but thought it would be wasted time...............and he said that he is the one that actually made the cuts on the plates..........

I however, did not see even a full mph gain on the ride plate mod. It really looks nice and everything...........but my testing under my condtions on my ski, my riding style, my lake, my GPS unit, I failed to see a "significant" performance increaase"............

Sorry if I hurt any feelings..................but ........

THAT IS MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT!

Dave

I am so sorry for pawning that thing onto you. To make me sleep better at night, I'll gladly send you back your stock ride plate that you sent me. I knew it did not perform as advertised when selling it.

Also would like to say it was vary honorable of you to put your neck out and posting the results even though you have seen others critisized for doing the same.

So we now have 3 with the same results.

What this proves is that the winner of the 300 mile was truely the best rider.

I do give credit for the GK being the first. At this time we have very little to choose from and it would seem that this mod is best for now. My review was not aimed at the plate being bad, it was a disapiontment that the advertised speeds were not there.

I will say that even if advertised a 1 mph gain that I would have bought it. The reason I got rid of the plate was because of the change in handling.

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    What this proves is that the winner of the 300 mile was truely the best rider.

or someone got a special sauces plate for a race...

just look at this way, at least you did not purchase an expensive engine mod only to cause a catastrophic engine failure after several hours of use costing you another $1K to fix..

+1
    "I am so sorry for pawning that thing onto you. To make me sleep better at night, I'll gladly send you back your stock ride plate that you sent me. I knew it did not perform as advertised when selling it."

Skip = Stand up guy. Good for you.

Thanks for the honest review.

+1
    Guys,

On the 02 stxrs we got 1 mile per hour on the [email protected] Plates that were advertised at 3.

Get one to Jims 1300 on the Yamaha site and you will get 4 full of fuel.

Skip,

this guy can help you.

Who and were? Better yet contact Phil to get me the info.

What ya been up too? Any new numbers.

Dave I sent your plate out. Should see it by the end of this week.

Smile Rideplate!

thanks Skip!

david=d>

+1
    Vman did you gain at least 1 MPH with the plate?

Thread Information