Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Offshore race

+1

Offshore race

Off shore race
    Starting talks with a few people on an offshore race in northeast. Every year we ride inlet to inlet outta ocean city maryland. It's awesome. Love to get some west coast style race going in around here. How many forum members would be even interested in an offshore race like this? If it's in ocean city md we could do maybe oc to Indian river race which is about 23 miles each way or so. It could be the start to a good thing. This is just a start and I'd like to see how many people would be interested. Could be seperate classes maybe we could get a section of the beach to us. Like at a free ride. Many possibilities. Any idea is a good idea. Looking for a fun event

+1
    I'm in,

Is this something that you want Sanctioned?

+1
    It's the plan. I got work to do. Starting to talk to people. Grudge matches are cool between friends but an event would bring more people together to help the aport

+1
    You looking to be the promoter then call the IJSBA...

I called on behalf of a boat race promoter to add Pwc Drag racing 2 yrs ago,a 1M Ins coverage for liability on your behalf was like around 2K for one day if I remember, all racers would have to be sanctioned too to race ($47 a yr)

As you know Eric there's so much more to it than that...

Let me know if you need anything...

+1
    Right now I'm working on talking to dealers, newa, and depending in where the race is I would talk to the town I'm thinking ocmd. We will see. It will be nice to see who's interested

+1
    Yes sponsorship would cover your costs (sanctioning fee,bond,advertising etc)....

+1
    I can donate time mostly lol. I'm gonna do whatever I can to help make this happen. I feel like we live in an pwc dead zone when it comes to sanctioned events It's gonna be a long winter. See what happens. For a place like ocean city or any coastal town September or early October would be great. Like I said any ideas or help would be great. I sent out request for help and info to a few organizations a few minutes ago. See what happens

+1
    The biggest thing is spread the word. Approach the cities now. Find out if you will need just local approval or Coast Guard also. Contact Scott Frazier with IJSBA. Actually I would approach the local promotor as to not step on their toes. If they are not interested contact Scott and find out what procedure is needed to sanction this type of event through IJSBA. After you can lock down location, date and approvals, get the word out. Print up a little flier to hand out to EVERY pwc you come across. Talk to the area dealerships and see if they would hand out your flier with the purchase of each pwc purchase as a PWC Club. If you mention racing they may shy away. Go to boat ramps that usually draw pwc riders once y'all thaw out and talk to every single person with a PWC. Offer classes similar to Aqua X. This will draw in the rec guys without modified skis. Any modifications at all puts you into a different class so the normal rider will feel they can have a chance to win. Make a FB page and spread the word. awareness and excitement of an event is what will make it big.

+1
    I got ya. I heard you have been in a race or two. Maybe you'd be interested haha. I got ya. Really gonna start spreading the word. Gonna wait for a few people to get back to me here. Gonna be in ocm in a few weeks and also at the boat show in February. Gonna talk to my dealer and a few others. Also gonna talk to the town. Baby steps. I know it be a hit thanks for the advice keep it coming

+1
    Ha Ha I may have gotten on the line before.
    Honestly this is not the place for racers. I am one of the very few that get on forums. You will probably not get the interest you would hope for on here.
    Also the local rec guy that may be interested may not be on here either. When you go around talking to people ask them if they are on here and you will be suprised how few even know about this forum. Hard to believe with all the members we have but only a small amount of actual pwc owners. You will have to beat the streets. Until word got around town about me no one ever knew they had pwc races and almost every house on the bayou I live on has at least one pwc. I am talking about probably over 30 pwc in my neighborhood and I was the only one who knew about this forum or racing until they met me and this is the lake that Jerry rides on also.
    I would also recommend going to an AquaX event. Even if not to compete just to see how they operate the event. They do it right.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information