Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 300x

+1

300x

I'm considering getting one would anybody like to talk me out of it"?

Banned User
    +1
    I will picture you riding this....

+1
    best ski

4. +1 by:

+1
    Get it! You won't be disappointed.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
    If You're really considering one, then You should have done a fair amount of investigation already. You should be able to list the pros / cons of the 300... if You can't, then I would suggest more research on Your part first and foremost.

The Ultra short Ultra 300 pro/con list:

Pros: Hull is great especially in rough. Great acceleration and good top speed with minimal mods.

Cons: Thirsty for 91. Thirsty for maintenance.

I currently own a 300X and a T3.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
    If You're really considering one, then You should have done a fair amount of investigation already. You should be able to list the pros / cons of the 300... if You can't, then I would suggest more research on Your part first and foremost.

The Ultra short Ultra 300 pro/con list:

Pros: Hull is great especially in rough. Great acceleration and good top speed with minimal mods.

Cons: Thirsty for 91. Thirsty for maintenance.

I currently own a 300X and a T3.
    My 2013 has been maintenance free so far. I understand you may have had a problem with one, but I wouldn't say Thirsty for Maintenance.

Pros - 60 gal storage, Great Acceleration, plenty of torque and power, handles rough good, great range at cruise speed, maintenance free and extremely reliable Supercharger, can get 74+ nearly stock
    Cons - drinks high octane fuel at full throttle, limited to 67 from the factory (can be fixed with a SCOM) Mod potential not as good as competition if you are trying to build an 80+ mph ski.

+1
    VMan is very accurate. the guys I know around here have had issues with the spark plugs becoming part of the head, some piece of the exhaust blowing out and other issues.

I can't speak personally, just what they've told me. Also there were some steering issues

+1
    The question is how heavily were these "problem skis" modded?

I won't say the ski is a high maintenance ski till I personally see problems with it. It has been as reliable as any ski I've seen to this point.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Id bet they didnt have anti seize on the plugs which is a normal thing to have on the plugs for watercraft.

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    VMan is very accurate. the guys I know around here have had issues with the spark plugs becoming part of the head, some piece of the exhaust blowing out and other issues.

I can't speak personally, just what they've told me. Also there were some steering issues
    With regards to the plugs thats improper installation from owner either no anti seize or over tightening but be might more to a owners story,I'm just not blaming Kawa ...

The Exhaust Filter can be an issue as Vman always points out an justifiably so,it's seem to be a weak build, lousy welding but intentions are good as to keep moisture from working its way back to the engine components ,but if you inspect it (30 mins)once a season and give yourself piece of mind and change it ( $100) should not be a direct issue...

The steering is simply sloppy and not "as tight" as a exp. rider would want but certainly not dangerous,wouldn't really mean much to a recreational rider....could always upgrade...

I have found the only issues after 90 hrs on my 300 are the very common nuisance that a lot of forced induction skis are prone to,Boost Leak, and was my mistake by not making those clamps good and tight between the TB/IC/SC /WB...

Cleaning the IC is really just a maintenance issue as Blow By and SC fogging oil(maintenance)is gonna get on the fins in the IC....the harder you ride the more blow by with these forced induction engines...

True all skis have their issues their demons ,the Ultra 300 is still haunted by the many issues associated with the previous 250/260 models....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information