Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Yamaha SVHO pump information and comparison

I have some really good information I want to share with everyone showing the differences between the new SVHO 8 vane pump and previous model 6 vane pumps.

I owe a big thank you to Dean Charrier for sending me pics and sharing information

First here's a pic of the new SVHO pump on the left. The old 6 vane pump on the right.

The new SVHO pump actually uses a total of 3 seals. (Old pump uses 2 seals)

Note that the SVHO shaft on the right in this picture. Old style shaft on the left. Note the difference in the impeller threads

So being that the SVHO drive shaft is threaded differently you cannot use prior model impellers unless you machine the back hub of the impeller 4-6mm deep, depending on impeller brand. Not a big deal, no need to panic, this is easily done by any machine shop

Now, I know many people will want to buy this new SVHO 8 vane pump and use it on prior model skis. No problem! You will simply install your existing shaft, bearings, seals into the new SVHO stator housing. It is best to buy a new bearing/seal kit when swapping your existing shaft over to an SVHO pump (linked below for bearing/seal kit)

Another important thing to take note of is that the water feed hole is larger and has a different offset on the SVHO pump than on the older pumps.

Here's the water hole on the SVHO pump VS old style pump

So, to use the SVHO pump on an older ski get out your dremel or die grinder and modify the water pickup in your wear ring.

The next thing is the SVHO pump has a 4 bolt pattern for the pump cone. Either you will need to buy an OEM SVHO pump cone (linked below) or opt for the Lucky 13 SVHO adjustable cone. (linked below)

The SVHO pump also utilizes a shallower water pickup (strainer), normally sold separately, but
    when you buy a SVHO pump from the forums online store this strainer will come with the pump.

The availability date for the new SVHO pump is February 13. I am accepting pre orders now from the links below.

I hope you have found this information useful. If you are considering upgrading your ski with an SVHO pump, cone, nozzle and wear ring then please give the forums online store your consideration. I really appreciate your business!

Jerry

OEM Yamaha SVHO 8 Vane Pump

PLEASE NOTE: Not yet available. Yamaha is showing a release date of 2/13/2014 This is the same 8 vane pump used on the 2014 Yamaha SVHO model skis....
    6EV-51315-00-00 & 6EVG6882-00-00 $329.95

Buy Now
    Lucky 13 Adjustable Pump Cone for OEM Yamaha SVHO Pump

All billet construction and anodized to prevent corrosion. Easily adjusted by removing stainless steel tail cone bolt, pulling off billet cone and...
    L13-YAM $298.00

Buy Now
    OEM Yamaha SVHO Pump Cone

This pump cone is needed when using the OEM Yamaha SVHO pump, however we highly recommend the use of the Lucky 13 SVHO adjustable pump cone with the...
    6EV-R1326-00-00 $14.89

Buy Now
    OEM Yamaha SVHO 3 degree 85mm Venturi Nozzle

This is the same OEM venturi nozzle used on the 2014 SVHO watercraft. This nozzle has the thick diffuser vanes, and is 3 degrees with an 85mm exit...
    6EV-R1318-00-00 $89.95

Buy Now
    OEM Yamaha SVHO 160mm Wear Ring

Genuine OEM Yamaha impeller housing (liner) for SVHO pumps
    6EV-51312-00-00 $299.95

Buy Now

+1
    I can see a lot of these wear rings being sole there $200 cheaper then the aftermarket ones. Great write up jerry

3. +1 by:

+1
    So the strainer is shallower, but is the cover the same? same size and bolt pattern?

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedJunky View Post
    So the strainer is shallower, but is the cover the same? same size and bolt pattern?
    yes cover and bolt pattern is the same.

+1
    Interesting. I remember bolting up the '05 HO pump to my Stage II GP1200R and picked up nearly 2mph on the big end. Wonder how this SVHO will compare to the HO pump.
    This might be interesting to add to my 80+mph conversion

when I hit 74.2 on a 1200 grate
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ighlight=rx951

when I hit 76.7
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...highlight=76.7

+1
    Very nice info Jerry! Thanks Dean and Jerry for sharing this with us.
    One other thing I noticed is that the shaft length behind where the impeller bolts on is longer? The part that goes inside the pump with the bearings. Bottom of the 2nd pic right shaft (new) is longer?
    Last edited by Gus13letter; 01-08-2014 at 10:40 AM.

+1
    that's correct it's longer as to accommodate the 3rd seal.

all you need to do to run a non svho impeller on this pump is mill 4-6mm out of the back hub of the impeller to provide adequate clearance.

+1
    I am a little confused, are you talking about removing 4-6 mm of just the threads in side the impeller or milling 4-6 mm off the impeller mounting surface that contacts the washer to set back the impeller 4-6 mm so the distance from the blade to the stator vein is the same as the older 6 vein stator was? Tommy Jordan
    Last edited by 2fast4u; 01-07-2014 at 10:47 PM.

+1
    Last edited by Gus13letter; 01-08-2014 at 10:38 AM.

12. +1 by:

+1
    how would this set up compare to say the riva 16 vane pump jerry. and obviously you would need a 160 mm prop. do we know the pitch of the 160mm prop yet for the svho. i am interested in uprating to a 160mm pump this year.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information